Help with new computer

Fr. Rich

I have a new MBP and want to move my Accordance files to the new computer. I have tried Migration Assistant at least 12 times over the past two days. It does not work and the instructions are not clear. I also read a Forum post on this and it was not helpful at all - just confused me even more. I think that the posters know much more about these things than I do and so I could not follow the posts. I have tried calling Tech Support and have grown weary of talking to Keith's voice mail. This is the first time that I have called support and not gotten a real person on the first try. Please, someone from Accordance who can talk me through this transfer, call me.

mrichardmiller

frrichmiller@gmail.com

There was a minor bug in Migration Assistant in Mountain Lion that has been addressed in the just now released 8.1 update. That might help. You want to copy over not just your programs, but also your personal files and personal settings when using Migration Assistant.

Thanks. I am downloading the OSX update now. Maybe that will help.

Keith has a line of 7 people who left messages ahead of you. He's doing his best and so are all the staff. Please be patient. With all the interest in version 10, you can imagine that this is an extremely busy time for all the staff in the office (and I am overseas).

Billy called and walked me through a download process. I am now downloading all of my modules - that should not take much more than a week!