Bible Widget

William Varner

I installed the new widgets and the Accuupdater is fine.

My Bible Widget is completely blank. No turnover, no window, nothing.

Will http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon2.gif

Could you be more specific as to how they got installed, what system you have, what version of the Accordance Widget you have, and any other non-standard details? I haven't had this reported to me by anybody, so I can't give you any direct answers yet.

I installed 7.03 I run the most recent Tiger Mac version. Since I posted, the Bible widget now does display a window and I can enter a reference but it will not display anything lese. No exclamation point down at the right side either with the turnover feature.

Thanks,

Will

It sounds like something has corrupted the widget's .plist somehow causing it to fail to load. I'd delete the widget itself (use the Widget Manager) and its .plist file, found in ~/Library/Preferences/com-widget.oaktree.accordance.plist . Redownload the standalone widget from the download page and double click it to install. Let me know if that changes anything.

Deleting the pref file worked for a friend who was reporting the same symptoms, but he had to reboot for it to take. Hope that helps!

I deleted the plist. Now it can "flip" and it says "loading" when I enter a reference, but no verse is displayed. No version options are given on the flip side either.

Will

It sounds like something has corrupted the widget's .plist somehow causing it to fail to load. I'd delete the widget itself (use the Widget Manager) and its .plist file, found in ~/Library/Preferences/com-widget.oaktree.accordance.plist . Redownload the standalone widget from the download page and double click it to install. Let me know if that changes anything.

Re-installation has worked.

Please ignore my response to the brother below.

Thanks,

DrV

• 2 weeks later...

So this morning I wanted to email someone and quote a verse. da da ta da Accordance Widget Time! But when I typed the reference and tapped return it just said "Looking..."

So I came here for help. I used Widget manager to remove it.

I manually trashed the widget-com.oaktree.widget.Accordance.plist file.

I used Widget manager to turn it back on. And it worked. :)

But will this keep happening? If so it sort of takes away from the convenience that the widget is meant to give. <_<

MacBook; Mac OS X 10.4.7; Accordance 7.0.3; Accordance Widget 1.4.

No, it happens only rarely unless, like me, you are constantly installing and testing beta versions.

Archived