User tools slow?

yetsirah

I am working on a User tool of the book of Revelation. It is running extremely slow. I have 2 gig RAM and enough HD space. This thing is unbearable. Are USER TOOLs always this slow? Is this a bug? I type in a word and I am then on my 6th word before it EVER types the first one.

What is going on? Is it not meant to have a lot of text? I have the entire book of Rev in it. Is that not possible?

I am working on a commentary and it would make it easier if I could build the Tool right then and there.

If this isn't what User tools are for then what are they for? Small amounts of text.

It may help if you add Titles to break it up into "articles", say one for each chapter. You can also try adjusting the Preference/Edit Windows that says "User Tool Edit/Block" to use smaller "blocks" which edit faster.

It may help if you add Titles to break it up into "articles", say one for each chapter. You can also try adjusting the Preference/Edit Windows that says "User Tool Edit/Block" to use smaller "blocks" which edit faster.

Okay, I will try that. However, the strange thing now is that when I open the user tool "Revelation" I can see all my text. However, when I try to edit it I can only see three lines? Why is that? It used to show all when I created it.

Help?

Okay, I will try that. However, the strange thing now is that when I open the user tool "Revelation" I can see all my text. However, when I try to edit it I can only see three lines? Why is that? It used to show all when I created it.

Help?

Alright, this is weird (unless it is supposed to do this and then it is really weird). When I try to edit from the Menu Selection>Edit User Tool I could only edit the first part of my user tool. However, if I use the contextual menu I get everything? Is this supposed to work this way?

UPDATE:::

Actually, now I can't get all of my text. No matter which menu I use.

j

It sounds like the file is corrupt. Try making a blank new tool and then merging the old one into the new one.

yetsirah,

This is one of those extraordinarily bothersome aspects of the user tools. To workaround this try placing your cursor just after the text you'd like to edit and the hitting command-u.

Good luck,

Jeremy

yetsirah,

This is one of those extraordinarily bothersome aspects of the user tools. To workaround this try placing your cursor just after the text you'd like to edit and the hitting command-u.

Good luck,

Jeremy

Thank you. That didn't work.

Is there a way to just edit from one title to another?

Did you see and try my suggestion above, that the file is corrupt?

Archived