limiting search to a specific volume in a WBC module

Anthony Sepulveda

Hello,

How do I search for a keyword in a specific volume in the WBC-NT module, instead of the default search through the whole set of volumes? I was thinking of restricting using the "page number" search tag, but each volume would possibly also have that same range of page numbers, and I don't know how to restrict it by volume, and then by page.

Thanks,

--anthony

Hello

Maybe not exact what you want, but test. Accordance help. Go to Index, Type "tool browser" select "set range"

Greetings

Fabian

Hi Anthony, you can’t do it from the search bar as far as I know anyway.

But the way I know that we support is to use the browser, so open the tool and then open the browser.

post-29509-0-56307000-1412935523_thumb.png

then select which volume you want to search by OPTION-CLICKing the volume (I have chosen Wenham’s second volume in Genesis in my example).

post-29509-0-99518200-1412935543_thumb.png

You will see a red bar appear next to the volume (you can do this to any subsection as well, or to multiple volumes just by SHIFT-OPTION-CLICKing the volumes in question)

post-29509-0-71313300-1412935550_thumb.png

Then type in your search criteria (I have chosen Eliezer) and in this case you can see that the first occurrence in the chosen volume is on Gen 21.

post-29509-0-80941500-1412935536_thumb.png

Hope that helps

• Like 1

If you forget the method Ken mentions (though his is the easiest), you can also run your search and then just navigate down (via the browser) to your volume of choice, and then go through the results from that point using the "Mk"=Mark arrows (or keyboard shortcut for cycling through hits).

Don't forget the shortcuts:

I Love it to use them.

With ctrl+cmd and arrow up and down you can go through the hits. On Mac.

And Maybe with ctrl and an arrow you go to the next module in the library, then with ctrl+cmd and arrow down. You can then go through the hits there. And so on. So you are also fast through the Library with all hits.

Short: ctrl+cmd and arrow down=next mark, on the end of the module. Then lift only the Finger on the cmd and push the arrow up=next Tool, then the finger again on the cmd and with arrow through this module.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Note:

For the first then you have also shortcuts ctrl and 1 to 0. To go from ^1 to ^2 it is also the shortcut ctrl + arrow up although in the list (pic) is one down. It is a little bit difficult.

post-32723-0-98742000-1412940176_thumb.png

You got me thinking

What is this search for, doesn't appear to matter what I enter, always get no results found. ( the one in the menu bar works fine, though is obviously limited) but the one in the module list doesn't appear to do anything and that is where I had hoped to limit my search to a specific book.

You type in the title of the volume you want e.g. 'Volume 38' and it will display those that match. It is the same as used in the dictionaries. It is slightly less useful because all the titles begin with 'Volume'. You have to enter what is in the title from the beginning of the string. You cannot just enter '38' for instance.

Thanks, sort of makes sense. You must have a very long list for this to help as you can only search from what is displayed and not what's in a sub section indicated by >.

Think I will stick with my thumb.

Useful on things like the anchor dictionary where you can get a long list of entries under each entry for a letter

Thanks for all the help. The "set range" feature was exactly what I needed.

The help files need a slight adaptation, I think: in the description and explanation of the "set range" feature, the images say "Opt-click", even for the Windows version.

Fabian,

What's the windows equivalent of the ctrl+cmd shortcut to move through the hits? I couldn't get it to work, even after trying possible combinations between ctrl, alt, and shift in the Windows keyboard.

Thanks,

--anthony

Hello antxon

Sorry I can't fully help you. Because I had changed to Mac. Accordance is here guilty.

And on my old WinXP I don't have installed it.

But like above I give you the road to find it in the Accordance help.

Next or previous mark is finding under: "Arrow Keys: Search, Text, and Tools tab."

To change the Tool is finding under: "Keyboard shortcut" (This with the blue "module")

Pics are from the Accordance Mac Help but perhaps, it helps you to find it on your machine.

Greetings

Fabian

post-32723-0-68782100-1413036895_thumb.png

post-32723-0-37907700-1413036963_thumb.png

Edited by Fabian

Hi Fabian, CTRL-ALT-up and down arrow worked fine for me to navigate between hits.

Hi Fabian, CTRL-ALT-up and down arrow worked fine for me to navigate between hits.

Hello Ken, sorry I don't know what you mean. Shortkey for PC? To correct me, but on a Mac it is ctrl+cmd? Or to say you are happy for knowing the Shortkey?

Greetings

Fabian

Whoops - sorry Fabian, I meant to say antxon, not you.

Danke schön mein freund.

• Like 1

Hi Ken,

I tried using Ctrl-Alt + Up/Down arrow keys to navigate between hits, but I couldn't get it to work. Well, at least Ctrl+Up/Down did, which allows me to navigate between the verse references being commented...which isn't much help in this case. Maybe it's because of the continuing issue of non-english keyboard layouts, or some other program or driver that overrides this shortcut. Anyway, I'll just continue clicking the arrows for the meantime.

Thanks,

--anthony

Thanks Anthony. I realise that the keyboard issues if you are using a non-English keyboard are frustrating to a number of you. I am sorry, there’s not much I can do about it. I hope you’ll be OK without the shortcuts, at least until something is (if it is) done.

May I ask where you are situated?

Hi Ken,

I'm using the Spanish International keyboard, here in Europe. Do you think they'll include something of this feature in version 11? I mean, it would be a great way for non-US customers to take good advantage of this program, and spread the word as well.

Thanks,

--anthony

It’s interesting, I have just installed the German keyboard on my Mac, and the CMD-ALT-ARROW works fine. I am no windows guru (and I realise that’s what you’re using) but I will have a look and see if it works for me, mind you at the moment I have no idea how to add a keyboard in windows, Learning to come up today sometime!