Genealogy charts?

Guntis

Perhaps it would be nice to have genealogy charts where I could see who is ancestor of whom, in 2D and 3D. And set how many levels of ancestors / descendants I'd like to see. Something similar to how MacFamilyTree shows those charts.

post-634-0-02751400-1352454953_thumb.png

• Like 2

I've got both MacFamilyTree and Family Tree Maker (genealogy is yet another hobby I don't have time for). I've often thought it might be an interesting experience to create trees based on the relations in the Bible. I especially like the 3D mode in MacFamilyTree. I imagine this would make a good teaching tool.

And I realize that a competitor has a family tree feature built into their software, but I've never been impressed with the results; and I've found their charts not conducive for teaching purposes.

I don't have any software, Bible or otherwise, that does this, but I've wished for this feature on numerous occasions.

I suppose I should have already guessed that's it's been done, but I found a website that has gedcom files (which work in any genealogy program) for biblical characters, Babylonian gods, Greek gods, and more.

I imported the biblical gedcom file into MacFamilyTree and here are the results:

Screen Shot 2012-11-09 at 1.24.33 PM.png

I don't know how extensive it is, the dates given to figures would certainly be debatable, and I've already found a couple of mistakes, but I suppose it beats reinventing the wheel.

The website can be found here:

http://famousfamilyt...m-ged-file.html

Edited by R. Mansfield
  • Like 1