File cannot be modified error message

mrt45

Accordance 10.4.3

Windows 7

I am receiving constant error messages while using Accordance. Here is a sample of what the message.

The file "C:\Program Data\Accordance\Modules\Tools\ESVCrossrefs.atool\Resources\" cannot be modified, because write permission has been denied.
The write permissions for this file may be changed by opening "Get Info" in the Finder.
Any idea of what is going on and how to fix it? Thanks.
Mark Turney
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mark,

Here is the fix I found. The problem is with the Program Files folder and the way Windows 7 assigns different settings to subfolders within it.

Navigate to Program Files/Accordance in Windows Explorer. (If you are not able to view hidden files and folders, you may need to change your settings to do so. Google for help if needed) Right click the Accordance folder, click Properties. go to the Security and hit Advanced. Make sure you (as a user and not just administrator) have full rights to this folder. I had to change two rules in these Advanced Security settings to get rid of the message.

Well done on solving your own problem Kevin. Permissions on the Accordance folder are critical on both Mac and Windows. I had no idea how to do it on Windows (I have never had to and rarely use windows) but it's good to know a) that you got it to work, and B) how you did it.

Many thanks