Finally upgrading to Snow Leopard

Hi everyone,

I've been resisting the change to Snow Leopard because everything works as I like it and I'm not keen to mess with a good thing. (I used to be more techy and enjoyed upgrading stuff for the fun of it but now I like things to just work :) ) Now, with iLife11 it seems I have no choice but make the upgrade. I'm just a bit nervous about preserving Accordance the way I've set it up and I guess I'm really looking for reassurance here.

I've been told, and intuitively I agree, that the best way to upgrade is a clean install.

When I then migrate from a backup, will Accordance (9.0.6) migrate completely and exactly? Will I have to reinstall any/all modules? Is it simply about copying ~user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences and ~user/Documents/Accordance Files?

How do I best do make the upgrade?

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I searched and couldn't find anything that really addressed my concerns.

Thanks in advance.

Wei

PS I'm running an early 2007 15" MBP Core2Duo 2.16GHz with 2Gb RAM. Will I see any noticeable difference in speed or performance?

Without knowing what Accordance version you have now and how you plan to migrate I cannot advise you. This may best be dealt with by contacting support off forum.

Hi Helen,

I'm running Accordance 9.0.6 on OSX10.5.8.

I was planning to do a complete backup to external harddisk, then erase and install, finally migrate from harddisk.

Wei

So you mean a clean install of Snow Leopard. If you migrate you should get all your Accordance just fine. However, sometimes doing a complete migrate does bring over junk and problems and lots of file that you don't really need (depending on how tidy you are, I'm not). So occasionally, every few years, it's good not to migrate but to reinstall all your applications and copy over all the files you need. This is a lot of work, and as a non-techie I can't and shouldn't advise you on this.

Here are the instructions for copying Accordance files themselves to a new Mac (assuming you don't migrate):

Copy these folders to the same locations on the new Mac.

/Library/Application Support/Accordance

OR

user/Library/Application Support/Accordance

AND

user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences

user/Documents/Accordance Files

The last two contain your settings and saved file, it is good to backup these two folders from time to time

Then download and run the latest installer for Accordance.

Archived