Unable to see parsing in Tagged English texts

JayT

Hello. I have to say thank you! I am so grateful for accordance and especially Accordance for iOS. What a blessing! Recently you implemented a feature which allows the user to see the Greek/Hebrew parsing information of applicable words in the instant details of a Tagged English text provided that there is a tagged Greek/Hebrew Text installed. Am I right?

When the change first took place in the desktop version of Accordance it took a while for the change to take effect on my machine with regard to Greek but not Hebrew. I have BHS-W4 and GNT-TR. As soon as the change was advertised I could see Hebrew parsing in my tagged English texts, but it took a few updates for the change to take effect in the New Testament. I have found the same to be the case with iOS but I haven't yet gotten the NT to display parsing.

Is this because GNT-TR is not sufficient? Or do i need to reorder something or reinstall something? I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you!

-Jason

It currently only works with the GNT-T, but I believe we're discussing expanding this to other texts.

Actually, on the desktop this will work with whatever NT Source Text is chosen in your Preferences -> Compare Texts. I'm not sure, however, how this has been implemented in the iOS platform.

As Rick mentioned, this currently only works for NT words if the GNT-T is installed. This will definitely be fixed in an upcoming release (v1.5) but I'm not sure if it will make the next bug fix release (v1.4.2).

Scott

Thank you all! You have thoroughly explained to me what I had assumed. I think I'll take this opportunity to upgrade to GNT-T. :)

Archived