Is Treasury Of Scriptural Knowledge available for Accordance?

pastorlewis

I used Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge constantly and I really miss not having it?

Is it available or maybe something similar?

Sorry, we do not have the rights to distribute the Treasury. The exhaustive Cross References module in the Library 7 (all levels) has an equivalent set of references but they are not separated out by the words or phrases to which they relate.

Is not this old book in the public domain? Several websites contain its text, claiming it is. Some use the etext from the Online Bible.

At the least, Pastor Lewis, you could use the text from there to create your own Reference Tool. Creating a crawler that automatically generated an etext from a web site would be economical.

Hey Joe

Thanks for the info...but I have no idea about how to create a "crawler". But I would love to learn! I am a new Mac user and i am in over my head just trying to learn Accordance! :blink:

...I have no idea about how to create a "crawler". But I would love to learn!

I apologize for being cryptic there. We could discuss further via email. Essentially, the web sites containing the book in question are just a series of web pages, each book chapter has a web page. You could download all of them and then combine the relevant portions. To save time, tools such as Automator can be used "as a crawler," to crawl through each document and perform the bulk of the work, but you'd have to enlist the help of someone well-versed in those scripting tools.

A resulting HTML file can be imported as a User Tool though images and tables would be lost. This is handy for converting lots of ebooks from web pages.

However, the book in question is most suited as a Reference Tool. To create it, you'd have to copy the text of Gen 1.1 from the ebook, go to Gen 1.1 in Accordance Search Window, edit the user note, paste the text, Update and save, go back to the ebook and copy Gen 1.2 and rinse and repeat. This is too time consuming to do by hand, but since it's repetitive theoretically you can use automation tools (Automator, Applescript, etc.) to do all this work for you. I've done this myself.

It takes some know how, but it is possible.

Since we have User Tools import and User Bible import, I'm guessing that Reference Tool import is next in line.

Archived