Choose bible version for Instant Details Box?

jana

When I choose a general tool with bible references I see that some bible version for that tool is loaded (e.g. KJV), used in the Instant Details Box. When I click on the reference my default translation is loaded.

How can I change the bible version in the Instant Datails Box? I can't see an option in the Preferences.

Actually in Preferences: Tool Display you can choose the Bible that will show in Instant Details for all tools, and will open if you click on a Scripture link. You can choose an alternative Bible for cases where the first one does not cover all the verses, say the Apocrypha. However, you can also set these individually and as the default for each tool separately, in Set Tool Display in the Display menu. Thus from a Greek Dictionary you can open a Greek text, from a Hebrew lexicon the Hebrew text, and from the NET Notes the NET Bible, etc.

Thanks Helen, I see what you mean. I coudn't figure out this in the big user manual.

• 15 years later...

I'm a long-time accordance user and it took me WAY too long to find this setting. (I guess it had been a very long time since I've changed this preference)

Since Accordance has updated the preference pane to include a whole section for instant details, maybe it'd be nice to move this setting in that section?

52 minutes ago, OSchrock said:

I'm a long-time accordance user and it took me WAY too long to find this setting. (I guess it had been a very long time since I've changed this preference)

Since Accordance has updated the preference pane to include a whole section for instant details, maybe it'd be nice to move this setting in that section?

I hear you. However, the reason the Text and Alternate Text settings are in the Tool Display preferences instead of the Instant Details preference is that it allows the user to set these settings on a per-Tool basis.

So, for example, I can have my global preferences set to use ESVS as a primary text and the NRSVS as a secondary text (since it contains deuterocanonical references), and I can simultaneously set the JPS Haftarot Commentary to use the JPSS as a primary text. This wouldn't be possible if these settings were in the Instant Details preferences, since those preferences are only set globally. 

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 4

T

29 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

I hear you. However, the reason the Text and Alternate Text settings are in the Tool Display preferences instead of the Instant Details preference is that it allows the user to set these settings on a per-Tool basis.

That makes sense. Thank you for your reply.

Perhaps a line could be added in the Tool Display setting pane that this setting changes the Instant Details results. That way the setting could be found by searching for "Instant Details."  Just a thought.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OSchrock said:

That makes sense. Thank you for your reply.

Perhaps a line could be added in the Tool Display setting pane that this setting changes the Instant Details results. That way the setting could be found by searching for "Instant Details."  Just a thought.

Good thinking. I'll add it as a feature request. 

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

In Accordance 14, my Instant Details box insists on showing ASV, though in Preferences, I have set Tool Display to KJV with Strongs. How do I persuade it to go back where it was in v. 13?

@vparunakyour instant details should be showing the first text listed in your library. I would check to make sure that the KJVS is on top of your Texts in your library.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Tim Hall thank you that was helpful.
This should have been an easy thing to fix without having to look into forums. I am using Logos more and more everyday because everything is too hard to do in Accordance. Maybe they should invest in a proper UX resource. 

Has this issue been resolved, or does anyone need any further assistance on this? I’m here to help.

In terms of things being “easy” or “hard” in Logos vs Accordance, both apps are different in how they handle things. There’s some things I can do far more easily in Accordance than I ever could in Logos (especially when it comes to complex searching). We do offer free training (and live training) for our customers, and if there’s any particular training we need to offer to help you use Accordance better, let me know, as I’ll personally be doing a lot more with Accordance training now that I’m working here.

If there are any UI adjustments you also recommend that would make accomplishing certain features easier, let us know the specifics as well so we can take them into consideration for future updates.