Notes Display

powerofgod

Greetings! I am evaluating Accordance and have a quick question. (It is brutal on my Retina display but customer service said a Retina-capable release should be coming in a couple of weeks.)

Is it possible to customize the notes display to display the Bible reference automatically, instead of having to click on each one individually? I am building a topical study guide and 'tag' certain verses with "#topic" in plain text in the notes. When I go back and do a global search of notes for "#topic", the verses display, but I have to manually click on each verse. Is it possible to have the verse text automatically shown so that I can quickly scan through the references?

I've built an Evernote database with thousands of verses, notes and tags, but I really would like to move this system into formal Bible software so that I can see multiple translations and the original language while building and studying my topical note library.

Thank you for any assistance.

Blessings!

Thanks for trying out Accordance! (and yes, Retina is almost here)

You have a couple of options for this. If all you want to do is tag a verse, it may be easier to use a highlighting style, rather than some text in your note. If you create a highlight style called 'topic', mark each verse, you can then search for those verses with the [sTYLE topic] command (shift-command-S).

If you'd rather stick with your user notes, if you open the Instant Details, all you have to do is hover over a verse to see it, rather than click. You can also tie your User Notes to a bible text, so that as you scroll through your notes, the bible text will update to the same location and show you the verses.