Crash at launching app

Guntis

I selected several Bible texts in Easy Install: GNT-TRS, NRSVS, JPS, left my iPhone 3G (iOS 4.2.1) on the table to download these modules over Wi-Fi. After some time (~5 min) I returned and found my phone showing home screen. Accordance had crashed. I opened Accordance and in its Library I saw both JPS and GNT-TRS, but not NRSVS. Instead, there was one empty line. Knowing, that opening such empty line will cause application crash (already tried that before!) I swiped across that line and deleted that module. Application crashed. Tried to open it again, but now it crashes every time I try to open it. Can't even open app anymore. 0.59 GB free on my phone.

I attach here two crash reports. ONe is from few days ago, I don't know what's there. The other one is from today. Although Accordance has crashed about 10 times, there is only one crash report.

crash reports.zip

I tried to launch app ten times more, in hopes that it will generate new crash reports, but it didn't. All I see is the splash screen and after 2 seconds app crashes.

Sorry for these issues.

Unfortunately, your crash reports don't have anything useful in them. Both show an error in trying to create the crash reports.

So here's the bad news:

Turns out deleting a blank line is a bad, bad thing to do. Of course, they should never be appearing in the first place. But by deleting a blank "module" from your Library, you end up deleting the folder the blank module would be in which deletes the entire module Library from your iOS device! So when starting up again, there are no modules installed and the attempt to load the last module being shown fails and the application quits. We "assumed" (wrongly it turns out) that there would always be at least one module installed in the iOS application. We'll definitely have to add some defensive code for this unlikely case.

And here's the good new:

We're testing internally a fix that should hopefully resolve these blank line issues. We plan to upload a bug fix release to Apple as soon as possible so they can review it and push it out to the App Store.

Shows that no amount of beta testing ever catches all the issues that a release does.

Scott.

Sorry for these issues.

We're testing internally a fix that should hopefully resolve these blank line issues. We plan to upload a bug fix release to Apple as soon as possible so they can review it and push it out to the App Store.

Shows that no amount of beta testing ever catches all the issues that a release does.

Scott.

Thank you for taking time to explain. OK, I'll wait for the next bug fix. We've waited long time, so few weeks is not a big deal anymore :) Opportunity to practice the patience of the saints.

Archived