8.02 Crashing

SteveL

Hello,

I've running the latest rev of Accordance and of OSX.

If I search on Words and enter [Range "Old Testament"] (where Old Testament is a defined range of the OT, Accordance will consistently crash. If I enter: * <AND> [Range "Old Testament"] Accordance will crash.

If, however, I perform the same using More Options, no problem. Works as advertised. This same behavior is noted irrespective of the text.

Thanks for listening,

To use the name of the range you must enter it (or part of it) in quotes: [RANGE "old t"]. Otherwise it gives an error that the book Old cannot be found. I cannot reproduce your crash. Please send me a screenshot so that I can see exactly what you are doing.

Hi Steve,

If I search on Words and enter [Range "Old Testament"] (where Old Testament is a defined range of the OT, Accordance will consistently crash. If I enter: * <AND> [Range "Old Testament"] Accordance will crash.

We were able to reproduce this bug.

I think the definition of the "Old Testament" range you are using is

gen-mal;gen-2chr

Accordance will "hang"(requiring a force quit) when using a custom Range with overlapping verse groups like "Old Testament" above. The "hang" only occurs when searching using custom ranges in quotes (not with the More Options popup).

The workaround:

To search using custom ranges in quotes in 8.0.2, I recommend you create non-overlapping verse groups and/or make a range for Old Testament (gen-mal) and a separate range for Hebrew Bible (gen-2chr).

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Mike

Archived