Diagramming

Jim Poulos

I'm new to this and not sure that this is how to begin a topic but here goes.

I'm doing diagramming but sending it to someone who does not have Accordance.

I saw in the new feature in 7.2 that there is one to edit diagrams in pict-files.

Is this true?

Thanks for any help.

JimP

Hi Jim,

The release note I have is this:

"6. When copying from the Diagram window, the resultant PICT image is now a series of vectors rather than a bit map image, so that the image can be scaled or edited."

You can of course edit any picture with a graphics program, though it can be clunky. Many free apps are available.

Are you familiar with how some apps (Gimp, Photoshop, etc.) work with layers? Doing so will make editing a digram PICT file most easy.

I'm new to this and not sure that this is how to begin a topic but here goes.

I'm doing diagramming but sending it to someone who does not have Accordance.

I saw in the new feature in 7.2 that there is one to edit diagrams in pict-files.

Is this true?

Thanks for any help.

JimP

PC or Mac friend ?

Since your friend does not have Accordance, then he won't have the corresponding copyrighted Accordance fonts. (The Accordance fonts accompany an Accordance software license. And fonts are not embedded in PICT files.) That issue can be manually resolved but with some difficulty. Unless your friend requires the capability to also edit these files, I'd recommend Printing to PDF these diagrams and then sending those PDFs to your friend. They'll look the same on his computer, Accordance or not, PC or Mac. (And there are a few programs that can edit PDF files and their graphics.)

Hello Joe,

Thanks for your input. I'm not familiar with the apps you mentioned. I Tried to edit in a pict file but could not. My pict file opens up in classic (is this outdated) and I don't seem to be able to edit in it. Any pointers appreceated.

Thanks

Thanks Mike,

I do save and send files on PDF and they do look good. I'll look for the programs that edit these PDF files thanks.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Questions:

Is it possible to drag a word from a text into a diagram window?

And if so, if it is a Greek word, will it still retain the

info given in the detail box? Must I create a new diagram window for each word or phrase I want

and then drag from the new diagram into the diagram I am presently working with?

My quess is no, because the diagram window is not a text, but there are so many

features I'm not familar with I thought there might be one I don't know.

Thanks, Jim P

Jim,

As far as I can tell, you cannot drag info from a text to a diagram (but that is a good idea for an upcoming upgrade!). You have to create a new diagram and then drag your text into the diagram you are working on. The good news is that it does retain all of the information in the instant details box.

The diagramming feature of Accordance is great, but I would like to see some enhancements to it, like the drag and drop you brought up. Also, it would be nice to have completed diagrams to download off the Exchange or available as a module to purchase. BibleWorks has the entire NT diagrammed and available with version 7, and it would be nice to see something similar for Accordance.

There is a batch of diagrams on the exchange, and we are hoping to get more in the future.

Archived