Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture

Sean R.

As the currently available Ancient Commentary on Scripture module is listed as volume 1 and does not include the entire series, I suspect additional volumes are in the works?

Edited: I ventured a guess, but it looks like I'm all wet. :)

IVP are completing the ACCS and we will be reissuing the complete set when ready, but it's not immediate.

• 1 month later...

I'm formulating a plan where I sell off my hardcover copies of the Ancient Christian Commentary that take up an entire shelf in my office and replace them with a more-usable and space-efficient Accordance module. I gulped a little on this one from the Intervarsity site:

http://ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/code=2477

They are indicating an anticipated release date for the entire series by September 2010, but they are describing this as for the Libronix system. How does that compare with with current plans for Accordance to offer the complete series? My paranoia (and it is my unsubstantiated paranoia) in reading this is that IVP has dropped plans to offer the complete series through Accordance.

I'm formulating a plan where I sell off my hardcover copies of the Ancient Christian Commentary that take up an entire shelf in my office and replace them with a more-usable and space-efficient Accordance module. I gulped a little on this one from the Intervarsity site:

http://ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/code=2477

They are indicating an anticipated release date for the entire series by September 2010, but they are describing this as for the Libronix system. How does that compare with with current plans for Accordance to offer the complete series? My paranoia (and it is my unsubstantiated paranoia) in reading this is that IVP has dropped plans to offer the complete series through Accordance.

What an excellent plan! I know some of us professors sell such things to our students, then buy the electronic version for ourselves. Er, ah, at least that's what I've been told! ;-)

My understanding is that we will have the complete series through Accordance. However, you probably already know we don't like to announce such things very far in advance of our release dates. Part of it is that we have seen others advertise [and sell!] products faaaaarrrrr in advance of their actual release. We'd prefer your money stay in your pocket until we actually have the product available.

It also sometimes takes us a bit longer to bring a product to market than some of our competitors. Accordance modules often have more extensive hypertext links and other value-added features. It takes just a bit longer to code those things in.

Anyway, be at peace. We have a very good working relationship with IVP.

• 4 weeks later...

Edited: I ventured a guess, but it looks like I'm all wet. :)

Amazon.ca says it;s 5 months to release...

http://www.amazon.ca/Ancient-Christian-Commentary-Scripture-Complete/dp/0830824774

This of course could be wrong but it is coming soon....

-dan

• 4 months later...

On Amazon, they appear to offer the complete set of ACCS as opposed to the incomplete one in the Accordance products library. Is the Amazon product for real or is the image in error (the image says "accordance edition" with the nice little Accordance logo).

http://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Christian-Commentary-Scripture-Complete/dp/0830824774

I know this is a busy week for everyone down there, so honestly no big deal if no one can answer this immediately.

On Amazon, they appear to offer the complete set of ACCS as opposed to the incomplete one in the Accordance products library. Is the Amazon product for real or is the image in error (the image says "accordance edition" with the nice little Accordance logo).

http://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Christian-Commentary-Scripture-Complete/dp/0830824774

I know this is a busy week for everyone down there, so honestly no big deal if no one can answer this immediately.

We are currently working on the complete version.

SO... the Amazon one is in fact not for real, perhaps it has the wrong picture?

SO... the Amazon one is in fact not for real, perhaps it has the wrong picture?

The Amazon page is for real, is our product, and will be 'in stock' when we finish it.

Hope this helps to clarify. :)

The Amazon page is for real, is our product, and will be 'in stock' when we finish it.

Hope this helps to clarify. :)

Clarity is a beautiful thing. Thanks Rick.

• 6 months later...

the version currently listed here includes volumes that weren't in the one i bought three years ago. and the one listed at IVP has more modules again. i appreciate there is a lot of coverage, but it seems that whenever i want to check ACCS it's in the uncovered gap (at least in my copy) from joshua to the twelve prophets!

so my questions:

how does/will the process work in upgrading?

will this be a downloadable upgrade or will it be a new purchase?

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Are you able to report the status of the ACCS completion? Thank you, and God bless you.

Are you able to report the status of the ACCS completion? Thank you, and God bless you.

We are working diligently on it, and still plan to meet the July 2011 release reported on the IVP site.

• 2 months later...

We are working diligently on it, and still plan to meet the July 2011 release reported on the IVP site.

Just looking around on the IVP site. They're now listing an available date of October 2011. I'm guessing this is the current expected release date through Accordance?

We've encountered some issues with the remaining few volumes, but it should not take until October. I haven't totally given up hope on July, but it's looking like we'll extend into August.

We've encountered some issues with the remaining few volumes, but it should not take until October. I haven't totally given up hope on July, but it's looking like we'll extend into August.

Rick -- thanks for the update. My birthday is mid-August. I may be putting this on my wish list! :)

• 2 months later...

Just took a peek on the Intervarsity Press web site and see that we're now looking at a November 2011 release date. It's going on my Christmas wish list! (Soon followed by a fire sale of all my print copies... I really can use the shelf space in my office!)

Yeah!

• 2 months later...

I've been waiting a while, but I'm so glad the entire Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture is now available in Accordance. I just took advantage of the Holiday Sale and ordered it.

(Anyone interested in purchasing my hardcover copies?) :)

...looking forward to some additional free shelf space in my office!

Just received & installed my copy of the complete Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture. I can truly say that my work on study/homily preparation is now going to the next level. THANK YOU for the good work you have done!!!

• 1 month later...

just back on internet after a move and saw i missed the sale - but i was also hoping those of us who purchased what turned out to be the incomplete ACCS would be notified regarding how to upgrade.

do we order the whole set with a discount code or how does it work?

thanks

We did send a notice to all registered users of the ACCS. Please contact our sales department, and they will let you know your options.

Archived