Word Biblical Commentary Cost

Tom

I am in need of correction. Why is the "Special" price for WBC for Accordance so much when it is $100 cheaper for Logos ( http://www.logos.com/products/details/1991 ) and $150 cheaper for eBible ( http://www.discountchristian.com/WBC.html ).

Is it a Mac thing? Is this another case of Accordance module being more expensive than competitors' modules? Is this a publishers thing? Is Accordance WBC different from these others that I have listed?

Tom

The retail price is set by the publishers of this CD-ROM: $1199, and it is a bargain compared with the cost of purchasing all 58 volumes which come to over $2000. Thomas Nelson also set the Supersaver price of $899 and the Introductory special at $599, and we are simply matching those prices.

The Logos product has already been available for several years, and probably was initially offered at a much higher price. The Mac version is now available only through us or Thomas Nelson. Eventually the discount resellers may be able to offer it even cheaper, and we may have to match those prices.

Is this the same as the Logos product? It covers the same volumes, and contains the same material, but we have invested many months of work in preparing it for Accordance, correcting errors in the Greek and Hebrew and the hypertext of verses references, etc. We are confident that it will prove to be a superior version of this excellent resource.

We expect to offer individual volumes of the WBC as unlocks later in the year.

Dear Tom,

I very rarely join in with forum discussions, but.... You started off by asking, "Am I in need of correction?". I am certainly not in a position to answer that one! I am sure your question was a fair one. However, if I may say so, I was struck by the very polite and very fair response you received. I hope it helped you! I know nothing about the 'opposition' but I do sense that the Accordance team (perhaps not as 'big' as the others) are really doing their best to be more than fair to us all (I nearly wrote "to us their customers" but then I know we are more to them than customers). Sincerely, Kevin.

I would add... I think the price is really quite good... especially in comparison to the cost of buying books, but even moreso considering the quality and capability of have the commentary tools in Accordance. When Accordance Team prepares a work for integration in the the Accordance app, they are doing quite a bit of work with it.

As with other Accordance tools, they have tagged different fields, things like "Reference", "Titles", "Content", "Greek Content", "Hebrew Content", "Scripture", "Transilteration", "Translation", "Translation Notes", "Bibliography", "Manuscripts", "Page Numbers", "Author", and "Abbreviations". And with multiple search fields, you can search for an article or a paragraph that contains scripture reference = xyz AND Greek content = abc AND etc. I haven't used other software with WBC, but I don't think they have that type of in depth tagging of their texts. Just one example of the premium value it is to have such a tool available for the Cadillac of Bible software.

Archived