Timeline: Define Custom Lists

countach

Timeline: Define Custom Lists doesn't work very well because the fields aren't big enough.

If you start defining Council of Constantinople III etc there is no way to tell what you are selecting because the field isn't big enough.

Also I seemed to get corruption in the list just by adding items as shown in the screen shot attached.

post-1948-1183126156_thumb.png

It also looks to me like there is something wierd in the fonts. As you see the first item is in a smaller font in the list, for no apparent reason.

post-1948-1183126603_thumb.png

post-1948-1183127890_thumb.png.

I added various events to the time line, but as I scrolled over to the right, it goes all blank. I scroll to the left and eventually it all reappears. Then I scroll to the right again, and it all vanishes again. You can see the remnants of an event in this snapshot.

BTW, why does the timeline end in 2000 AD?

post-1948-1183127916_thumb.png

When you add custom user items, it silently truncates the name to 31 characters. It should either limit the field if there is a maximum length, or else not truncate it.

BTW, it's not very good that you have to remove an item from all lists before updating its name. That can be rather tricky to do to remove, update the name, then re-add to all lists.

But it doesn't seem to enforce it. I think when you start adding long names and hit that 31 character limit it starts corrupting memory because I get some strange stuff in the Define custom lists, user items selected. I'm getting "in Hebron, David slays", but I havn't defined any user event like that.

I'd recommend the Training DVD section on the Timeline for help with this. I've got quite a few user items in my timeline, and setting them up per the DVD worked flawlessly and was very simple. None of my items are over 31 characters, though, so I don't know what's going on with that.

Hi there,

I have the same problem too.

Archived