BUG 10.3.4.1: Copy as Citation Causes Accordance to Vanish

Matt Fredenburg

Hi, there are a lot of nice things in 10.3.4.1, so thanks for the hard work. However, I'm having trouble with the following:

post-30573-0-92862800-1390110143_thumb.png

Once I click, Accordance vanishes. This is repeatable.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

This still occurs in 10.3.4.2. I ran some experiments and I found that the problem is tied (at least in part) with my User Groups.

I found that if I deleted all files within C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Accordance\Accordance Preferences and started Accordance that after I had re-registered, the following was true

• this bug no longer manifested itself.
  • Accordance hung when I closed it down and had to be forcibly exited (it only exhibited this behavior after the 'first' time I launched Accordance and re-registered it, subsequent launches and exits have not manifested this).

Once I added back *just* the User Groups.acc1 file, the vanishing behavior returned.

As I spent at least a good 10-12 hours organizing all of my modules into folders, I'll help Accordance devs in any way possible, as long as no one recommends that I redo my User Groups!

This should be a lesson to all of us, that when someone reports a bug, that unless two systems are setup identically, there's not much profit in reporting that such and such a bug cannot be duplicated on a different system, for who would have thought that 'User Groups.acc1' would incite 'copy as citation' into causing Accordance to vanish!

Matt

I've had a similar problem with 10.4.3.1 and 10.4.3.2 both crashing when I try to highlight sections of text. It happens for me about 50% of the time. The program just disappears when I click highlight.

OK, more information. The problem seems contingent upon having started Accordance once, and after closing it that first time, the problem manifests itself regardless of whether I return various preference files to ones that have been modified from the defaults. So, here is the sequence of steps I just ran:

* Cleanly shut down Accordance
* Deleted all user preference files
* Start Accordance
* Walk through prompts to Set up Accordance: default window New Search, display paragraphs, default text ESVS
* Accordance opened
* Typed in rom 1:5 to the search
* Added parallel with NAC
* Moved the parallel up to be vertical (as opposed to horizontal)
* Selected the paragraph which contained 1:5
* Right-click, Copy As Citation
* Success
* File->Close, File->Quit, Accordance has stopped working message
* Reopened Accordance: was not prompted that Accordance had crashed, default workspace opened
* File->Close, File->Quit, Quit Successfully
* Reopened Accordance
* Typed in rom 1:5 to the search
* Added parallel with NAC
* Moved the parallel up to be vertical (as opposed to horizontal)
* Selected the paragraph which contained 1:5
* Right-click, Copy As Citation
* Accordance vanishes and continues to do so until I once again delete all of my preference files

Matt