Copy as citation

AlejandroBotta

I would like to have the possibility of customizing the way Accordance copies texts as citation. The Accordance format is (Am. 4:6, DHH) but in recent publcations I was required to use (Am 4.6; DHH). Is it possible?

Many thanks!

• 1 year later...

Can I revive this one, which didn't seem to get a reply.

I too would like very much to have the option of customising the formatting of text copied as citation. Others want this for academic publication purposes. I want it to assist my use of notes in preaching - i.e. it would help a lot if the text I've inserted in my notes (via the widget) could stand out more from the surrounding note text. Options might include:

• different font
  • italic/ bold/ underline
  • and of course font size, which is already provided

Along with that, I'd also like to be able to format the verse numbers within the copied text to contrast with the verse content (e.g. content italic/ verse numbers bold).

Thanks.

In Version 7.1 we added the option of customizing citations in the Preferences. These options let you set the format of the text, the references within the text, and the citation reference of the entire quote. They do not include font and style information. These options apply to citations pasted from the widget as well as to copy and paste or drag and drop from a text pane.

The widget does not support fonts and style information at all, it pastes unstyled Unicode text which you can style yourself.

Copy and paste or drag and drop from a text pane maintain the style of the text as seen in the pane. You can change this in Set Text Display and make it the default for new windows with that text. You can use a decimal verse divider (which I just tested and it works in citations copied this way). You can set the font, color, and size, and for references and hits you can set the style as well.

I think that we offer all the options you requested, but if you want styled text you need to get it straight from Accordance, not via the widget.

Thanks very much for the reply, Helen.

The widget does not support fonts and style information at all, it pastes unstyled Unicode text which you can style yourself.

So it wouldn't be possible for the widget to be configured to provide more styles, then? (If not, that's OK. Just hoping/wondering ... )

Archived