Generating vocab lists

Matthew Seymour

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to get accordance to output a list of all the words that occur less than a certain number of times within a particular passage/book. It seems that I can only get output in terms of verses, but not in terms of individual words. I also don't know how to compose a search that runs a query in terms of occurrences.

Thanks.

Matthew

Matthew,

See this thread for a discussion of the different uses of the Count command to generate the type of list you're looking for. You can generate a list of either the lemmas that fall within the specified frequency range or a list of the different inflected forms that fall within the specified range.

HTH,

Mike

Here's another way to get some info:

Accord search for all words in a specified range that occur only a given number of times in the entire NT:

[range Mark] <AND> [count 1]

You can adjust the range name and the count number as needed.

• 4 weeks later...

On generating personalized vocabulary lists:

The command [RANGE Romans] <AND> [COUNT 1-2] will give a list of 215 words, every word that occurs only once or twice in the entire NT that also occurs in the book of Romans.

The command [COUNT 1-2] with the range set to Romans (in the More options section below the search definition pane) will give a list of 875 words that occur only once or twice in the book of Romans, though it will be apparent that many of these (such as the first hit Pauvlo

Regarding my post yesterday: Attached is an example of a personalized vocabulary list created in the manner I described. The shot is from a Pages document. If the file did not upload email me if you wish and I will send you a copy.

Archived