Can I use Accordance to format a Bible for publication?

LKC

I would like to be able to format the HCSB bible with font the size, type I would like it, highlight certain scriptures, and add my own study notes, as you see in hard copy Bibles. My plan is to try to get my version published. If Accordance cannot be used to do the formatting, could I copy the HCSB text, in large sections, to paste in MS Word? Anyone know what software Bible authors use for formatting?

You can print Bible text and your own notes in parallel columns. I haven't done it in a very long time, but I used to do it for teaching purposes. If you want to format it at a very detailed level, you'd need a good layout program like Adobe InDesign. That would be a much better choice than Word.

Accordance would not be ideal for formatting a Bible for print. Nor do we nor the publishers allow massive export of the text. It is copyright to Broadman Holman and you would need their permission to use it in this way. Please respect their copyright.

Thank you Rick, I will check out InDesign.

Helen, yes, thanks, I plan to respect their copyright! I have been trying to get someone from their company to respond!

• Like 1