RSS Feed

Martin Shields

Any chance the forums could get an RSS feed? This would help keep track of new topics and posts.

Actually, there's a very good chance that will be happening soon. Unfortunately, I'm not the greatest web developer, so these boards are done by Invision Power Services. I've done some research, and it seems they are advertising automatic RSS feeds for the next version of the boards. Once the update is released (no idea on the timetable, but it is only a .x upgrade), I'll get it and set up the RSS feeds.

EDIT: For those who are really interested and anxious, IPS has posted a roadmap of their upcoming upgrade. All thats left are the Black items. The Green items (including the RSS) are done, waiting for release. IPB 2.1 Road Map

Although this discussion belongs in the "Forum Comments" section, let me suggest a workaround to get an RSS feed.

You can subscribe to the Forums, and then have email notifications sent to a gmail email account that include the full post. These can then be filtered into and RSS feed. Voila.

I recently blogged on the fact that I hardly read anything online anymore unless it is "fed" to me.

Unfortunately, subscriptions will tell you new topics only, not posts to existing topics, unless you subscribe to each topic.

Well, I set up a new topic announcement feed for the General Discussion sub-heading. It is pretty underwhelming, but someone may find it useful until real feeds are supported.

All it shows in the feed is:

Forum Subscription New Topic Notification ( From Accordance Forums )

General Forum, Joe Weaks has just posted a new topic entitled "Testing" in forum

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick thought. How easy or difficult would it be to get the new posts on this website to work as an RSS Feed? Might be kinda cool if it turned out to not be a ton of work. Thanks for reading my request.

I am merging this with the earlier topic on the subject.

Reminder to us all to search first before posting!

• 3 weeks later...

I have written for my own use a NetNewsWire plugin that provides feeds for the Accordance forum. If enough folks here use NewNewWire and are interested in receiving Accordance forum feeds, I'll clean up the plugin and make it available.

If you haven't used a news feed aggregator before, check out NetNewsWire and scroll down to download the free Lite version. It'll do all you need. It's a great way to pipe in news, blogs, and other discussion all in one place so you can keep up with everything you want to keep up with.

I use netnewswire, Joe. I'd be interested in your plugin

Joe,

I use NetNewsWire as well, and would like to try your plugin.

Thanks!

-- Jim

Archived