UBS4-T with Apparatus available

Helen Brown

Releasing the next module from the German Bible Society: the popular Greek New Testament known as UBS4 is now available together with its own critical apparatus.

While the Nestle-Aland Novum Testamentum Graece is designed for scholarly research, the Greek New Testament, 4th Revised Edition is designed for translators and students.

Like NA27, this is the leading edition of the original text of the New Testament. It contains the same Greek text as NA27, differing only in some details of punctuation and paragraphing. The Accordance version is fully tagged morphologically allowing for grammatical and lemma searches.

The critical apparatus includes exegetically significant variants (fewer than NA27) but adds extensive manuscript evidence (more than NA27) for each variant, thereby offering in-depth instruction for students on how variants and the evidence for them work together.

The UBS4-T with apparatus is available for Easy Install on Mac and iOS for $89.99, but since the text and tagging are virtually identical to the GNT-T and NA27, the UBS4-T with apparatus can be added to either of those texts for only $39.99.

The easy install method is not available to choose when checking out. Perhaps an oversight?

It definitely is available for Easy Install. The web programmers may be working right now on that section of the cart coding, so just go ahead with your order as best you can.

When I tried the only available option was to install from a CD I already owned (which I don't). So there will be no problem if I choose that option and finish the order?

There would be no problem at all. We are working to improve the choices offered in the cart, but it's very complicated to get it right all the time.

This is great, very excited.

Is there a further discount if you have both GNT-T and NA27-T? (I think I got a further discount when I bought NA27-T because I had both GNT-T and NA27-GBS.)

No, in this case there is no further discount. (With NA27-T you already had both the apparatus and the tagged text, this is a new apparatus to Accordance.)

Thanks Helen, that distinction makes sense. And fast response as always!