Help Setting up my Workspace Workflow

Tom

Let me see if I can explain this simply.

Here is what I would like to do:

While in my first tab of my workspace, look up a bible verse (or word) and have the next two tabs (Commentary and Resource) look up the search as well.

Here is my setup:

My workspace consists of three tabs.

In my first tab (labeled "Bibles") there are four panes (NAS, An original Language, NIV, and KJV).

In my second tab (labeled "Commentaries") there are three panes (EBC, IVP NT Commentary, and IVP NB Commentary).

In my third tab (labeled "Resources") there is one pane (set to a reference like Bible Words).

For the life of me I can't figure out how to do this. I've tried the "link to," and the "tie to" of windows, but I must be doing something wrong. I've looked in forums and in the online help, but can't find what I need.

Can anyone offer a step-by-step instruction?

Thanks for the help.

Tom

Tom:

You can only LINK the arguments of texts to texts and tools to tools, so you must use the Tie to so that the Commentary window scrolls in synch with the Bibles window. Place an asterisk in the Tools window and click the search button.

You cannot tie the Bible Words window. You can only leave that with Recycling on and, if it is the top resource of that language, it will update with a triple-click on a word. Dictionaries cannot synch with Bible verses, only with specific words.

Archived