More comprehensive support for Spotlight technologies

Lance

I thought about adding this to this thread. But as my thoughts unfolded I decided it was wide-ranging enough to warrant a separate thread.

I've been working with a few apps (e.g. Leap & Yep) that use Spotlight-related metadata tagging as a core strategy for managing information, and it seems to me that that might well be the way of the future for data tracking on OSX. The big plus is that it makes it (at least theoretically) possible to use a single interface to pull together information from many locations and file formats according to one or more common themes, topics, etc. I'm still in the early stages of grasping it, but it's already revolutionising my work on sermons, theological subjects, ministry issues, ethical issues, etc.

What I'd like so much would be to be able to include Accordance data (bible texts/ modules/ tools and user notes/ tools) in the information I can bring together. I'm not techno enough to understand whether or how this might be done, but here are my ideas:

I'd like to see linking to scriptures as well, but Accordance seems like a more complicated program than other apps that do this.

I do often place local URL's of my Bookends references into my Notes, then I highlight them and use the Services menu to open URL. You can, if you want, do that with other apps, or with any file on your computer. Joe Weaks gave me a little applescript that creates the local URL of any file in Finder.

Joe Weaks applescripts for Quicksilver also provide lightening quick ways of looking at a scripture verse, which may often be better than actually having to open accordance just to see a few verses. I use those applescripts with Quicksilver daily.

Archived