Life in Spirit NT Commentary

Andrew Mercer

Hi, purchased this the other day and it's great. Just reading through its section on the beatitudes and I noticed quite a number of typos in the text. What is the best way to report these spelling mistakes. Example - call is twice shown as "cab" - I'm happy to help in any way.

MacAndrew,

For all our modules if you have a correction, select the problem, and then select "Report a correction" from the help menu of Accordance. A properly formatted and addressed email with the relevant module and position information with the text you selected will be prepared. Then you can add any comments you want to and send it.

THis way all our corrections are collected in a single place.

Thanks

Edited by Ken Simpson

Thanks Ken. In further reading through the module, my guess is that the original was scanned so there are errors possibly every five paragraphs or so. So are you suggesting a send an email for each individual error? Happy to do so, but I'm guessing that will generate a lot of reports.

Hi MacAndrew,

that's my understanding, but perhaps Rick or one of the module developers should let us know in this case.

MacAndrew and Ken,

Being the one who produced the module I can confirm that it was an OCR scan that we were working from. To compound matters, as our OCR's are usually quite good, was the fact that the pages in the print edition are the thin bible paper. You know, that wonder stuff which keeps our bibles from being super thick, but which is pretty much see through. It caused all sorts of typographical errors.

So I apologize that I did not catch them all. Mac, the simplest way to compile your errors is not to note each individual one, but rather each word. We run search and replace scripts on our modules and so it doesn't matter if there is one or are hundreds, one script will get them all.

Thanks for all the hard work graham,

But what about when the commentary mentions a cab? (Cheeky grin)

Edited by Ken Simpson

Thanks Graham and Ken.

I'll take a note of what I report, and only report each word once. Some stood out. "Tum" was quite clearly "turn", but cab took closer reading. Over teh next couple of days I will dump groups of text into Pages and run a spell checker - that's how "tim" was highlighted - the other ones I guess will tai more time in reading through teh document. In spite of these minor glitches, I am glad to have this resource

Thanks Graham and Ken.

I'll take a note of what I report, and only report each word once. Some stood out. "Tum" was quite clearly "turn", but cab took closer reading. Over teh next couple of days I will dump groups of text into Pages and run a spell checker - that's how "tim" was highlighted - the other ones I guess will tai more time in reading through teh document. In spite of these minor glitches, I am glad to have this resource

Mac,

Please tell me those typos were on purpose. Either way, awesome.

Thanks, everyone!