Highlighting search results misaligned

GJH

Hi there,

I've just started using Accordance. One of the things I'm keen to do is highlight various parts of speech in the greek and hebrew texts.

After reading through the forums and documentation, I discovered this shouldn't be too hard to accomplish, simply construct a custom set of highlights , then do a series of searches for each part of speech, then while the results are displayed simply Shift-click to apply the custom highlight to the results. I'm very excited at how easy and how customisable this is.

As soon as I tried this for both verbs and participles I noticed a problem. Although the search results correctly highlight each word, when I apply the custom highlight, it often will misalign, that is the custom highlight will often highlight the last letter of the previous word + the searched result - the last letter of the search result.

If that's not clear I've included a text example below, imagine I've searched for participles, which Accordance has found and highlighted in bold. I then apply my custom highlight (underlining) which doesn't align properly:

Word Word Word Article Participle next word

If that still isn't clear I've included a screen shot, you can see the first participle in Luke 4:2, then those in 4:15,16,18 are all off.

While it's not happening with every word, it does happen with some regularity & is not limited to participles. I've noticed the same thing when I try with verbs.

Specs:

Acc 8.2.3 (While I wait for discs to be sent out I'm using the core program, starters pack, GNT-T & BHS-W4 & NRSV modules downloaded from the website)

MacBookPro Intel, 10.5

Cheerio,

George J.

post-29673-1249000325_thumb.jpg

Just an addition to the above query,

I've tested on my iMac, Intel OSX 10.5.7

(same Accordance setup)

and found exactly the same problem.

Sorry, I have been on the go for several days. I tried this now and find that it's only off on certain words, and those are all variants. Look at the Instant details and I think you can confirm that. Having alternate parsing or lemmas does cause interesting errors in several places, and I guess this is one of them. We will look into it.

Thanks for the speedy reply Helen.

I hadn't thought to check variants and just thought it was a random bug. I just found it interesting that the search actually highlights the word correctly, but applying a highlight to the results goes out of line.

Archived