Triple click lexical lookup

countach

When I triple-click any word in the GNT-T it goes to BDAG and shows the definition.

However if I triple click on Satan in Mt 16:23, it takes me to a part in the introductory notes of BDAG instead of the definition. Shouldn't it take me to the definition?

I think we need a bit more information. Are you triple-clicking on the Greek for "Satan" in GNT-T? If so, and if you have BDAG set as your default for this text, the answer is "yes." Let tech support know that you've found an error.

I think we need a bit more information. Are you triple-clicking on the Greek for "Satan" in GNT-T? If so, and if you have BDAG set as your default for this text, the answer is "yes." Let tech support know that you've found an error.

Yes, I mean the Greek for Satan.

The issue here is that BDAG has the lexical form satan, while the GNT-T uses the lexical form satana. Usually, we account for these lemma differences when we build a tool module, but we missed this one.

When you triple-click satana in the GNT-T, Accordance looks for it in the Greek Entry field of BDAG and doesn't find it. So it then searches the Greek Content field and finds it, beginning in the Introduction and then in the body of several other articles, including the article on satan.

Interestingly, if you use the new feature which searches for the selected verse as well as the triple-clicked word, Accordance takes you right to the correct article. If you're using the latest version of Accordance, go to the General Settings of the Preferences and check "Include reference when amplifying from text to tool."

Hope this helps.

Archived