File with period in Accordance 9

Daniel  Francis

I have 9 on an old G5 iMac and it works great. Except any file with a period in the name will not update and one cannot simply copy the updated files over from 10. I have asked several times if this might be fixed but I am fearing 9 is dead. I really was hoping for no new development on 9 beyond base care taking of it but unfortunately it does not appear that will be happening. I know one day files will be release requiring 10, I am hoping that NIB when it is released is 9 compatible because that is a big reason for me to want the NIB in Accordance, not that the other company is getting the NIB released quickly despite their email to me stating production should be able to start soon.

-Dan

Please explain what files with periods will not update, and what exactly the problem is. If Check for Updates will not download the new version, you can try deleting it from the Library and reinstalling with Easy Install. I would keep a copy of the older module just in case. Very few modules require version 10, and the product page on the website does state if this is the case.

C. Catechism - E

C. Catechism - L

Carson et al.-NT Intro

Dillard et al.-OT Intro

E. M. Bounds

St. Patrick

When removing them from the Library and then removing the related files from from the Accordance folder in the Library folder. Then going through easy install.

Get the following messages:

I/O Error #-1409 in file "C. Catechism - E.atool"

I/O Error #-1409 in file "C. Catechism - L.atool"

I/O Error #-1409 in file "Carson et al.-NT Intro.atool"

I/O Error #-1409 in file "Dillard et al.-OT Intro.atool"

I/O Error #-1409 in file "E. M. Bounds.atool"

I/O Error #-1409 in file "St. Patrick.atool"

I still have the files but will not reinstall them till I hear back from you.

-Dan

PS: Not sure if it is important but an error message leo comes up during that time saying, something like Pensé already installed.

BUMP

We are looking into releasing a 9.6.7 with a fix for this issue. It's not so easy to go back and fix and compile a version that is 2 years out of date. Needless to say, the issue is fixed in version 10.

• Like 1

Thank you very much... for me it is only a minor annoyance but for those who are on older machines and 10 isn't an option it is good. And i do know of people who are very happy with their older computers.

-Dan