User Notes formatted like Prefs-->Tool Display?

flips

Hi!

My user notes looks kinda inconsistent, as I don't have the same font preferences today as when I started using Accordance.

Is it possible somehow to make the user notes follow the text formatting I select for "Tool Display" in Prefences, instead of whatever font I thought looked good when I entered my notes? B)

Edited by flips
  • Like 2

+1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Or alternatively, since there seems to be little official or semi-official response to this thread, is there a way to select all user notes and format them all in one go? When I press Cmd+u now, I get an edit windows where I'm not able to select the very font I've been using previously, there's just a subset of the fonts available in the menubar dropdown, and the current font is not shown anyway ... It's all a little confusing.

For me it would be excellent if I could write my user notes less formatting aware, but more structure aware. (Using a subset of html, restructured text or markdown or something, would be nice. Being able to link, quote and apply emphasis and/or underline should be sufficient -- be it in some markup or using a menu/shortcuts.)

For all I know, this may all be possible, then please point me to the correct document/podcast ... :)

• 2 months later...

I believe I have the same question. I write my user notes in Trebuchet MS because it's basically that or Helvetica. With 10.0, my user tools are in Helvetica Neue. I'd like to be able to have the same fonts for my notes as I do with my tools. If I'm missing something here, please point me to the right direction.

Hey - When I began my notes file, I used Verdana. There is now also some Helena and Rosetta (for pronunciations). These are now my selectable fonts.

It's interesting that my selections aren't the same as yours. Is there really a standard set?

Being able to reformat the entire User Notes file will only be useful if all we have is an English font with no need for diacritical marks. That said, it would be a nice option for the folks whose notes fall into that category. I'm stuck with Verdana now, but I still like it because it is uncluttered, a little wider than most fonts, distinguishes a lower case "l" from an upper case "i" (one of my pet peeves), and easier for me to read.

Turn off Preferences --> User Notes Tabs --> Use default fonts in font menu will show all available fonts on your system. I believe this intent of this option is to save the users from the hassle of having to wade through a long list of irrelevant fonts. With this option on only the Accordance supplied fonts and the font you specify in Preferences --> Edit Windows --> User Notes Text shows up.

That said, I'd still love to see what the OP requested above.

Ken - Interesting. Thanks. I, for one, appreciate not having to wade through them all!

OK, an official response.

User Notes are an old feature of Accordance, and were designed to give maximum flexibility of fonts and styles in each note. Maybe it was a mistake, but there is no easy way to change that and allow a single display format as long as they stay in their current form. As we have promised, we still intend to create a user tool that works as a reference tool, and will allow you to import your notes from user notes. This is still planned, but I think the general response to version 10 proves that the right decisions were made as to the priorities for the first release.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

+1

Looking forward to the new feature when it becomes available.

• Like 1