Help Me Do This in Accordance

Tom Castle

I would like to check them out too.

Not exactly a passage guide as one would find in Logos but a very nice layout that works great...

-Dan

Agree. The Logos guides are dependent of Logos tagging and search method. They are not just a search all. But still look like a nice approximation of the type of resources to use.

Hi,

As a 'newbie' I found these illustrations - particularly the Passage Guide - really helpful. I got me to see what I could do with Search All [and particularly when I defined my own sets to use the Search All command with - the IVP set suddenly acquires much greater value!]... but it also threw up a couple of things I still can't get my head around

One is parallel passages - I know what they are but I don't really know what I can do with them in Accordance - in the illustration of the Passage Guide they play a role but I don't see how they are related to study of Matt 5.1 in the text window, I also don't understand why the Synoptics pane is 'linked' to the Gospel pane? Has Dr. J done a podcast on this? [i did look] as that is the main way I have learned to use the programme... the online help is doesn't really help with parallel passages or perhaps assumes that the user knows clearly how and what for they will use them

The second query is the Link command - please can someone explain this, and particularly in relation to the Passage Guide illustration Zaldana published? I can put in Link into my Search All Zone and then select the text I have open in the dialog box that follows but what should then happen? Also if I leave the Link command in place and then close Accordance and then open it again it crashes and I have to recover the workspace removing the Link command - as you can tell I am really confused.

Again perhaps there is a podcast or maybe Dr J would be kind enough to create on about practical uses for Link and related functions?

Sorry to be so dimwitted!

Leopold

This podcast on Parallels is a little dated, but as the functionality of the tab hasn't changed I think you will still find it useful.

The LINK command links the argument of two tabs together so that when you update the first entry box with a new search argument, the second tab updates and runs the same search. So, for example, in Greek you may want to search the New Testament for a word or phrase and at the same time search the Septuagint. Putting a [LINK] with the name of the NT tab into the search entry of the LXX lets the LXX search update each time you run a new search in the NT. It don't think it would be especially helpful in the Search All tab, it's better to run those deliberately.

• Like 1

Thanks Helen!

Zaldana's workspaces are now hosted on the Exchange. A couple of them didn't work for me, so I will try and troubleshoot them soon. But they won't harm your system, so feel free to download them and try. Just remember that YMMV.

• Like 2