Need help with Reference lists

davidmedina

Once I add references to a reference list, what happens to the Reference List? Is it saved some place? How can I retrieve later?

David, I'm not sure if I have things set up like Accordance automatically sets them up, so you might want to wait for a comment from someone who knows more about the present state of things, but for many years I have had in my Documents folder another folder called Accordance Files. In this folder I have folders called Diagrams, Highlights, Reference Lists, Sessions, Syntax Charts, User Notes, and User Tools. I know some of these were originally created by Accordance, but I can't remember whether or not I created the Reference Lists folder myself. At any rate, get to the Accordance Files folder and create a Reference Lists folder if one isn't there. Inside I have numerous subfolders with many subjects.

Hi David,

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSXV10/Default.htm#topics/05_dd/the_reference_list_tab.htm.

I noticed that they are stored as .accord files in 10.3.1 and that there is no Open Ref List. What you seem to do is File -> Open ... and then select the file. Saving them is kind of funky - they are saved basically as workspaces it seems. I didn't really expect that. It seems that they don't actually exist independently like Notes or Tools - the doc says as much. Kind of makes sense though as they function as intermediate search result containers. As they appear to be basically WS's they can be added to Favorite WS in your library it seems.

Thx
D