Inconsistent module names

Guntis

In the Library pane I have "Hard Sayings of the Bible", in the resources menu the same book is "IVP-Hard Sayings".

In the Library pane I have "NT Use of OT (Beale-Carson)", in the resources menu the same book is "Beale-Carson Commentary". And so on.

Please make all those names consistent across all menus and Library pane, otherwise I cannot sort them alphabetically properly. If I place "Hard Sayings" in their proper place in the Library (letter "H" in the alphabetic order), its name starts with a different letters in the resources menu — there it's "IVP Hard Sayings" among other resources which start with the "H" letter. Or vice versa. Hard to find resources if in one place it's called Beale-Carson Commentary, in another place NT use of OT. Nothing similar.

post-634-0-13853500-1369421209_thumb.png

post-634-0-74196900-1369421217_thumb.png

Edited by Guntis

I just made mention of this in a forum post not too long ago, too--I wonder whether this is one of those oft-enough-requested features that we might see an adjustment in future versions of Accordance?

• 4 months later...

When I saw the email today about the Expositor's Bible Commentary being on sale I thought I might buy it. Turns out, I already have it but it's named NIV Bible Commentary. I too would find it very helpful if all the module names were consistent across all Accordance platforms.

When I saw the email today about the Expositor's Bible Commentary being on sale I thought I might buy it. Turns out, I already have it but it's named NIV Bible Commentary. I too would find it very helpful if all the module names were consistent across all Accordance platforms.

This was a unique case where an existing module (called NIV Commentary) was re-branded as the Expositor's Bible Commentary Abridged. We kept the module name the same so existing users who owned this by purchasing one of the old CD's would be able to access it now via Easy Install. It also allowed us to release updates to a single module for those that already had it, and those that now buy it.

There is another answer for items pointed out in the original post, but that's been answered elsewhere. If anyone wants the more full explanation, let us know. In short, there's a reason behind the different names.

Thanks for the update Rick. Glad to know it was an isolated case.