Hermeneia (Fortress Press)

AlejandroBotta

Any chance we could get Hemeneia for Accordance?

------------------------------------------------------

ANNOUNCING!

Hermeneia:

A Critical and Historical Commentary

on the Bible

Now on CD-ROM!

Now for the first time, all 38 previously published Old Testament, New Testament, and extracanonical volumes of this premier Bible commentary are available on CD-ROM in an extremely useful and navigable electronic format, powered by the Libronix Digital System.

The Authoritative Biblical Commentary Series

Hermeneia on CD-ROM captures the full text and apparatus of each volume and adds features that facilitate daily use in scholarship, teaching, and preaching including:

fully searchable text of all Hermeneia volumes

hoverlinks to the NRSV edition of the Bible

capability for notetaking, bookmarking, and footnoting

Hermeneia is widely acclaimed for:

careful text-critical work by the leading scholars in the field

use of extra-biblical (Ancient Near Eastern and Greco-Roman) sources

fresh translations of the texts

bold yet authoritative interpretations

Editorial Boards

Hermeneia Old Testament Board

Peter Machinist, Chair, Harvard University; Klaus Baltzer, University of Munich, Emeritus; Paul D. Hanson, Harvard University; Thomas Kr

We would love to get it, but Fortress have been slow to deal with and licensing discussions are taking a very long time.

• 8 months later...
We would love to get it, but Fortress have been slow to deal with and licensing discussions are taking a very long time.

Hi Helen,

Just wondering if there has been any progress in getting Hermeneia. Or, if I get the CD-ROM from Fortress, is there any way to import it into Accordance?

Thanks for your time,

David

Tell them the end of the world is approaching and we need it!~

• 2 weeks later...

Bump to top. Again, wondering (1) if Hermeneia is in the works for Accordance, and (2) if not, whether or not I could buy the CD from Fortress as is and import it myself. Thanks.

There is progress in the contacts, but no license agreement yet, sorry! I strongly discourage you from attempting to make a user tool from such a massive work. Buy the CD by all means, and import chapters or articles into user tools, until we can offer the material in Accordance, but do not waste time trying to do the whole thing yourself.

There is progress in the contacts, but no license agreement yet, sorry! I strongly discourage you from attempting to make a user tool from such a massive work. Buy the CD by all means, and import chapters or articles into user tools, until we can offer the material in Accordance, but do not waste time trying to do the whole thing yourself.

Thanks, Helen. I can buy the CD for a significantly reduced price through school, but I am really hoping that it will become part of my Accordance collection!

And thanks for all your hard work,

DG

• 9 months later...

I was wondering if there was an update on getting this module on Accordance, especially in the wake of getting the JPS Torah Commentary, Word Commentary, MacArthur Commentary, and NIGNT Commentary.

Is this series being pursued?

Just an encouragement to keep negotiating. I just finished reviewing Matthew commentaries for my group of retired pastors who meet weekly to read the Greek NT. The Hermeneia three volume set was one of the two best Matthew commentary sets, in my humble opinion. FYI, the other was the Davies and Allison three volume set in the International Critical Commentary series, which would also be a great addition to Accordance.

• 9 months later...
the other was the Davies and Allison three volume set in the International Critical Commentary series, which would also be a great addition to Accordance.

I guess since it's been almost year since any response to this thread that there is no chance in getting the ICC for Accordance? Even volume by volume would be nice . . .

Tom

I certainly would love to have Herneneia and ICC in Accordance. If we had those two and Barth's Church Dogmatics, I could make Accordance my only Bible Software.

Rich

We are now working on Hermeneia and expect to release it in a matter of months. The issue with ICC is the lack of available etexts.

Helen, it is good news to see Fortress working with Accordance!

Does this mean we might see some more of Fortress in Accordance ... specifically Luther's Works and The Book of Concord (Kolb & Wengert) ???

Best wishes in your labors!

As a financially challenged non-student/non-pastor I'm really hoping that we'll be able to buy single volumes. Any possibility?

• 3 months later...
We are now working on Hermeneia and expect to release it in a matter of months. The issue with ICC is the lack of available etexts.

Is it time for me to start looking for Hermeneia?

That's an interesting issue! Back in November at SBL we announced the release of Hermeneia for Spring 2009, i.e. in a couple of months from now. We are still working at it, though, so I am not sure of the actual release date by Fortress, but it is coming soon.

• 4 months later...

It's in beta testing at last! Won't be long now.

Praise the Lord....................

Thanks you for all the efforts...................

Yes, the Mac version will be for Accordance, but it won't be available on June 1, and of course we ask all our users to buy directly from us or Fortress as we have so much invested in the preparation of this product.

Archived