Start Up Problems

Peter Smythe

When I start up Accordance, I get several pop ups that say "The file "..." cannot be modified, because write permission has been denied. Probably something like 10 boxes. After getting rid of those, the workspace is in some form from a long time ago. I've tried reinstalling a number of times, but it didn't seem to help.

Hi Peter,

try this. Go to /Users/your user name/Library/Application Support

You may need to do this by typing "Cmd-G" in the Finder.

Find the folder called "Accordance"

Bring up an info window by selecting the folder and then the menu item "Get Info" in the File menu, or pressing Cmd-I.

Look at the permissions (right down the bottom - attached Snap1)

Make sure that you have read and write permissions to the folder (which you probably will have - but more on that in a moment)

If you don't click on the arrow next to your name to give your self r/w permissions.

Then unlock the folder by clicking on the lock icon on the bottom right of this Get Info window and authenticating using your username and password (if you are an admin user - see attached Snap2)

The select the item "Apply to enclosed items" that appears when you click the gear icon just to the left of the lock icon

(see attached Snap3)

Answer OK to "are you sure" (attached Snap4).

Then do exactly the same thing to your "Accordance Files" folder inside /Users/your username/Documents

completely quit accordance and start again. That *should* fix the problem.

Get back to us here if it doesn't. There are a couple of other files we can look at, and more practiced people than I may offer a hand.

post-29509-0-21442100-1343188218_thumb.jpg

post-29509-0-94828400-1343188244_thumb.jpg

post-29509-0-71623100-1343188254_thumb.jpg

post-29509-0-14990100-1343188263_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ken Simpson

Ken,

Okay, I think I might have really screwed up here. I had my Accordance file in Documents, not under my user name. I dragged and dropped to my user name and now it won't open (or doesn't recognize) any of my notes. I don't appear to have any Accordance files under Application Support. What do I need to do in order to get my notes back?

post-2636-0-33296000-1343216717_thumb.png

Edited by Peter Smythe

"Accordance files" needs to be in your user documents folder.

Helen, I dragged Accordance Files to my documents, but I'm still having the problem of not being able to access my notes. Peter's Workspace is my main workspace. Below is a screen shot.

post-2636-0-80610900-1343239891_thumb.png

If you contact our tech support they can screenshare with you and sort it out. This is not something to support via the forums.

Hi Peter,

I am sure the folks at tech support will help you get it resolved. They are fabulous.

Let me know how you go!