Printing verses with notes and searching user notes

Larry Wing

Sorry to combine two topics into one but I didn't want to inundate this forum.

Two questions:

1. Is it possible to search user notes along with tools? I know I can search in User Notes but am looking for the same functionality as other tools.

2. I'd like to print a range of verses with my user notes under the verse if there is one. Is that possible?

I've tried to figure these out myself but am unable to find an answer so if it's something I've missed please let me know where so I'll know how to find my own answers in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Larry

Edited by LarryW

No, you cannot include the User Notes in the Search All.

Yes, if you add the Notes in a parallel pane to the text, display your desired verses, have Print Settings set to display all panes, and select Print you will get the displayed verses and just the notes for those verses (even though your entire Notes file is displayed in the pane).

Didn't know that I could print the notes along with the text. Thanks!

Thank you, Helen. I appreciate the help.

Larry

Hi, again.

I must be missing something. I have 3 panes open and search bar shows Rom 12:1-12:5. The three panes are ESV, My notes, and Calvin's commentaries. I wanted to print the three for those verses.

I have print settings set to print all panes.

If i select File->Print (as the help file says) I get a warning about printing a lot of pages and if I just select a couple verses (for some reason I can only select the first 2 verses) and then Print Selection all I get is the Bible verses.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Larry

If i select File->Print (as the help file says) I get a warning about printing a lot of pages and if I just select a couple verses (for some reason I can only select the first 2 verses) and then Print Selection all I get is the Bible verses.

Larry,

If you tell it to Print in a Text window, it thinks you want to print the whole thing. In your Bible, select the verses you want then click Amplify -> Context (cmd-5). In your Context window, make sure "Show all text" is unchecked and that the Context window is active. Then when you print it will (should) only print the verses showing in the context window, with the corresponding commentary and notes (whatever you have open). I just tried this out, and this is how it seems to work for me. Screenshot attached showing how it looks on my end.

(I'm still pretty new to Accordance; I may have called some things by the wrong name and/or there may be a better way to do this, but hopefully you get the picture).

post-31525-0-32165800-1349842198_thumb.png

Yes, Print Selection does print just your selection, not the parallel panes, so you need to be sure that the tab is displaying only the verses you want to print, even though parallel panes may have entire commentaries or notes.