V7.2 User Bible tool, Verse limit

John Liebenrood

I've noticed the just released V7.2 User Bible tool restricts the verse count to the existing

verse number. For example Gen.1 has a limit of 31 verses. Gen1:32 is invalid. This

seems expected if used for just Bible text.

I'm looking at using the bible user tool feature to create a indexed book of text I often search.

I'd like to import my book using page numbers for chapters and and line numbers for verses.

Is there a way to use a special "bible book" name to avoid the verse limit in the standard bible text?

It sounds like using the User Tool feature would be more appropriate here.

John,

The answer is no, you can not deviate from the canonical parameters of book/chapter/verse numbers. I can see why there'd be a need to place this restriction on the bible imports. What makes them amazing is they work like other bible modules... you can amplify to them, and they scroll in parallel with other texts.

I can see why they couldn't allow a Gen. 1:32, for if you scrolled to that verse and a parallel NRSV module didn't compute with such a verse the program would have no choice but to implode.

John,

The answer is no, you can not deviate from the canonical parameters of book/chapter/verse numbers. I can see why there'd be a need to place this restriction on the bible imports. What makes them amazing is they work like other bible modules... you can amplify to them, and they scroll in parallel with other texts.

I can see why they couldn't allow a Gen. 1:32, for if you scrolled to that verse and a parallel NRSV module didn't compute with such a verse the program would have no choice but to implode.

Joe,

Thanks, I was looking at using the Bible user tool on an non-Biblical text. I have a "User tool" that I need to search with page and line numbers. i.e. "UserBook 21:3-7" would mean show me page 21 lines 3 to 7. It appears a Bible user must be Biblical since it's

always linked to excessing biblical texts.

Archived