HTML User Tool Import OS X 10.4.5

Brent Lawrence

Prior to the recent update to Tiger 10.4.5 I had been enjoying a new found speed of importing HTML files into User Tools (6.9.2). I had just finished Ryle's Expository Thoughts on the Gospels. However, after the update, Accordance shuts down every time I try to import an HTML file as a User Tool.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have a number of public domain works, I'd like to make into User Tools, but can't do so now. Help.

Yes, you are reporting a new bug, sorry and thank you!

The problem is due to a corruption in User Tool settings. If you delete this file from your Accordance settings

I was wrong, (not for the first time), this IS a bug but it is intermittent and not due to the settings. It is something in the HTML of certain texts. If you cannot get it to work you might try using a different program to save the HTML, as they vary so much.

We will correct the bug for the next rev.

You are right. I tried a test file of one that had been imported successfully prior to the 10.4.5 update and it worked. The other files did not come from the same place and likely were not created with the same program or HTML format.

I love the import from HTML because of it's ability to handle automatic Scripture linking. In fact, I love the User Tool and User Notes feature in Accordance. I've been down a few Bible Software paths and Accordance affords me the flexibility to integrate my own material into it as a searchable module.

I had no excuse for being up at that hour, I'm just a hopeless night owl.

Archived