Request: Menu for grammatical tags

David Knoll

Hi,

I use Accordance mainly for searches. Currently when I search BHS I am able to specify the part of speech I am looking for but I can't specify other attributes like gender number or tense unless I type them manually. I cannot express how easier it would be if you would include a menu for these attributes (as I am able to do on my Mac and on Basilisk). It takes me so much time to find the exact spelling of these attributes and to type them. If it is not too much trouble I hope you would consider.

David

Hello David,

I actually brought the same request up recently with Helen. She said that the programming needed to add the tag sub-menus is very complicated, which is why it hasn't been done yet. She said it will be done in the future, but only when they will have the time to solve the intricacies involved.

Best,

Leeor

Hi,

I use Accordance mainly for searches. Currently when I search BHS I am able to specify the part of speech I am looking for but I can't specify other attributes like gender number or tense unless I type them manually. I cannot express how easier it would be if you would include a menu for these attributes (as I am able to do on my Mac and on Basilisk). It takes me so much time to find the exact spelling of these attributes and to type them. If it is not too much trouble I hope you would consider.

David

Hello David,

I actually brought the same request up recently with Helen. She said that the programming needed to add the tag sub-menus is very complicated, which is why it hasn't been done yet. She said it will be done in the future, but only when they will have the time to solve the intricacies involved.

Best,

Leeor

Thanks for the info. I'll wait patiently.

This was actually part of the v1.0 feature set but we ended up pulling it because of the complexity of mapping all the available options into a touch interface. As Helen said, we haven't forgotten about but it has been pushed down the priority list. User requests such as these will help to move it back up in priority.

Scott

• 2 months later...

Hi

Just to say that I would also love to see this feature.

Chris

Archived