User interface and features

amof

I am excited about the accordance app so that I can keep my scripture reading notes and book purchases in sync. However, I am hooked on the Olive Tree interface. I find these functions difficult w accordance iOS: 1) book/chapter/verse look up - the olive tree arrangement is faster and more intuitive. 2) reference links - olive tree let's you instantaneously view cross references by tapping the superscript letter. 3) similarly, adding notes, highlights, and bookmarks is so much easier in olive tree with the Pop up menu's. 4) the daily reading plan is much more robust - it tracks progress and you can select a variety of plans - chrono, sequential, and more.

In short, I think the developers should review olive tree and add similar functionality!

Accordance has the potential to be a terrific app given it's expertise for Bible software, and all things (search, split screens etc) that make it great - just needs some interface improvement!

• 2 weeks later...
I find these functions difficult w accordance iOS: 1) book/chapter/verse look up - the olive tree arrangement is faster and more intuitive. 2) reference links - olive tree let's you instantaneously view cross references by tapping the superscript letter. 3) similarly, adding notes, highlights, and bookmarks is so much easier in olive tree with the Pop up menu's. 4) the daily reading plan is much more robust - it tracks progress and you can select a variety of plans - chrono, sequential, and more.

I also prefer Olive Tree's book/chapter/verse look up. Much easier for me. List view in Accordance for iOS is way too long, takes much of scrolling. They could make that list into three columns at least. Still the grid is better

A "grid" style go to view has already been implemented for the next version of the app. Works very nicely. :)

And while the Library view will be undergoing some "enhancements" for the next release, I want to emphasize again the great utility in using the search bar at the top of the Library view. I rarely scroll the Library looking for a module. Instead I tap on the search bar, tap a key or two and the Library is quickly filtered. Give it a try.

Scott.

Archived