NEW Sub-SubMenu

Mick Matousek

It would save time and reduce hunting for modules, if a sub-submenu similar to the AMPLIFY: ____ TOOLS submenu, would be added to the FILE:NEW:____ TOOLS submenu. 'New' would open a blank tool window directly to the desired resource. Sadly, I never seem to remember which category to find modules and many times the desired resource is needed before any verse is researched.

You can accomplish this by right- (or control)-clicking on the resource category in the resource pallet. Right-clicking on tools in the resource pallet always brings up your default tool in that category, opening it to the beginning of that tool, or if you hold down the mouse button, you can select which tool to open, and it will open to the title page. Of course, if nothing in the text/tool you are currently viewing is selected, left-clicking will give you the same result. You can tell whether something is selected by looking at the pointer when it is over the resource pallet. If the pointer becomes a magnifying glass, you will amplify from the search text to that tool. If it stays an arrow, you will open the tool to the title page.

Yeah, that is a solution I had forgotten. With a laptop, there is never enough screen real estate to have palettes in the way. I tend toward the sparse and minimalist screen look. I'd probably be described as a pre-Accordance 6 connoisseur. ;) I'd still like the option in the menus, too. I imagine the software code has already loaded into memory the data values, so it should be pretty easy to add to another menu.

Apple's guidelines really discourage the use of sub-submenus, and this is the reason that we never added the lists of modules to the File/New menu options. Now that users can arrange their modules into submenus, this would add two more layers onto their arrangement.

Don't forget the option-command 0 to hide and show all the current floating windows.

Archived