Autosave Mystery in 10.3.3

Charles Stock

I'm running 10.3.3. I continually get a pop up box notifying me that the Autosave files have been moved somewhere, but that Accordance can't find them.

When I select "Open Autosave" it is blank.

There is an Accordance folder in Dropbox.

It contains subfolders: Highlights, User Notes, and User Tools. No Backups or Autosaves. Hmmm... I'm can't find any setting to track this down.

I will add the screenshot of the popup.

Second Mystery: I'm not sure why, but all Accordance screenshots now go to a Dropbox > Screenshot folder. This seems sort of strange. Is there a reason to do it that way? Can I get control of the Accordance Screenshots? I usually like them to show up on my desktop.

Thanks for your help.

Charles

post-349-0-01083800-1387067282_thumb.png

Wow. No reply from anyone at Accordance. So far, I've lost all my user notes, my daily workspace, and it's still not working. I need some advice.

Anyone at Accordance tuned in to this?

Hi, Charles. I'm very sorry about your difficulties. These type of issues are often best by contacting our support lines directly, especially the Technical Support by phone. In general, it sounds like you have some sort of multiple dropbox syncing thats a bit confused. This is really best addressed with a good phone call or screenshare by the tech support team. However, in the meantime, I'll do my best to address the issues you are raising:

1) I'm not really sure why it says the Autosave sessions folder has moved, very odd! I'd first ensure there is no Autosaved Sessions folder in your User/Documents/Accordance Files folder. If it is there, be sure to remove it! The actual Autosaved Sessions are stored in your user caches, but if Accordance keeps seeing an old Autosaved Sessions folder in your Accordance Files, it could be having difficulty managing it. They are not saved to Dropbox, so it isn't an issue that they don't appear in your Dropbox Folder.

2) The folders inside of the Dropbox folder are simply mirrors of what's online. They certainly don't contain any information Accordance is reading. Accordance gets all of your User Notes, User Tools, and Highlights from the User/Documents/Accordance Files folder - is this location empty as well? Also, is your content missing from Accordance itself, or just conspicuously missing from that Dropbox Folder?

3) The screenshot issue isn't one of Accordance, but of your Dropbox app. It can co-opt all of your Screenshots, saving them to Dropbox instead of your desktop. This setting is from your Dropbox app - Settings Gear - Preferences (see screenshot). Then go to 'Import' and uncheck 'Share screenshots using Dropbox'. I'm no Dropbox expert, but I believe this would be why they are being taken by Dropbox.

dbsettings.jpg

Let me know if this helps! But, if this doesn't get you squared away, please contact support. They'd love to help resolve everything.

Hi Joel,

Thank you for your helpful reply. Out of desperation, I called support and it was super helpful. Time was limited (on my end) but he gave me some strategies.

Later I was able to try some suggestions out.

Here's what happened. Unlinked Dropbox. Used Time Machine to restore Accordance Files in Documents (using pre-problem files). Copied these just to be safe into another backup folder. Downloaded a new copy of Accordance 10.3.3. Ran it with no problems, and got my former Workspace and User notes all working by copying them back into the Accordance Files folder from the copies folder (if that makes sense). Relinked to Dropbox.

So far, no problem Hooray!! My best guess is that somehow the Accordance App became corrupted in my computer.

Thanks for your explanation of the Autosave mechanism. Does that mean there is no way for a regular user to access them?