Font issues

Jonna Schmidt

I had another question. Helen, you helped me get set up with Accordance 9 about 10 days ago. Then, I was able to get "up and running" on my laptop. However, when I got home from the accordance conference, for some crazy reason, my GREEK fonts are not proper. You may recall, that initially, my Hebrew fonts were wrong -- but now the Hebrew fonts are "good to go". The Greek appears as follows

Prose

Under the "Technical Support" forum there is a topic "Greek/Hebrew Fonts Gone" which may help you resolve the issue. I had a similar problem on my Mac laptop.

The suggestion was to try re-installing 9.0.3 or using "font fixer" (Available under Accordance Downloads - Program installers). However neither of those initially worked for me so I manually removed the relevant fonts that I was having trouble with (Helena for Greek and Yehudit for Hebrew) using the OS X application 'font book' then re-installed 9.0.3 and it worked fine.

Hope this helps

Steve

The FontFixer utility usually clears out all our fonts and reinstalls a clean copy. Sometimes it is necessary to look at FontBook and make sure (using Show Info within the program) that each style of the font is simply accessing Library/Fonts/fontname.famTrueType. Any other location or font should be diabled or removed. There are more details in Accordance Fonts PDF.

Archived