Hebrew Keyboard layout as in OS X

Eleuterio

I found a similar suggestion for Greek, but not for Hebrew, so here we go:

I work with Biblical Hebrew, so when I have to type in Hebrew in other Mac applications I use Mac OS X Hebrew QWERTY Keyboard Layout, which is much more intuitive than the Israeli one (for those who work with Qwerty keyboard, of course). Now, when I switch to Accordance I see I have two possibilities: Israeli KL or Accordance KL, which is more transliteration-oriented (but some letters like 'ayin, shin, etc. are not so obvious). So I have to switch mentally all the time.

Suggestion: Another possibility in Preferences like "use Hebrew QWERTY keyboard layout".

OR:

Does anybody know how to build up a new Hebrew KL for Mac which can follow the Accordance Hebrew KL?

OR

Has anybody found another solution? :huh:

Thank you

Does anybody know how to build up a new Hebrew KL for Mac which can follow the Accordance Hebrew KL?

I can suggest the free keyboard layout tool "Ukelele" provided by SIL:

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.ph...nrsi&id=ukelele

I've succesfully used it to create custom layouts. You should be able to modify an existing Hebrew layout and swap around the keys to match the Accordance layout...

Thank you, jpkang! It works very well, and it's really easy to use.

You're welcome... Excellent!

• 3 years later...

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.ph...&id=ukelele

I've succesfully used it to create custom layouts. You should be able to modify an existing Hebrew layout and swap around the keys to match the Accordance layout...

Hi JPKang,

I know this is a dead thread. But I did a search for hebrew keyboard layouts and this came up.

I was thinking about using Ukelele. But, if you have a keyboard layout already made with Accordance key strokes, would you be willing to share?

Archived