Text display

jifraser

During study I will lookup a string of texts - 2 Chron 34:1-4, 1 Sam 7:16, Ps 2:6-9, Isaiah 11:1-9, Zeph 3:14-20, Eph 1:16-20, Rev 22:3, and find that each one buts up to the next. Is it possible to have a space between each. Being a newish Accordance user I've probably missed something very basic

Try Display: Show Text As: Paragraphs with Space

Go to the Display menu and choose "Set Text Pane Display". A dialog box will open. The top left pop-up menu is labeled Show As, and lets you choose the paragraph format for the text. Choose Paragraph with Space and click OK. That should give you roughly the look you want, although there will also be a space between paragraphs within each of the passages you entered (such as between Psalm 2:6 and 7).

If you want to use this paragraph style all the time, you can go to Preferences-->Text Display and set it there. It will then apply to all texts.

If you find yourself wanting to change the paragraph formatting on the fly, you can access the same options through the Show Text As submenu of the Display menu. (Rick already beat me to this last suggestion.)

Hope this helps.

I've not explained myself clearly - I'd like a space between each text selection rather than verses

Yes, that's what I understood. There is no option to add space between each separate passage you type, but since each noncontiguous passage will be viewed as a separate paragraph, choosing Paragraph with Space will effectively put a space between each passage (as well as between paragraphs within any of those passages). It sounds as if you chose the Separate with Space option which places each verse on a separate line with space in between the lines.

Yes, that's what I understood. There is no option to add space between each separate passage you type, but since each noncontiguous passage will be viewed as a separate paragraph, choosing Paragraph with Space will effectively put a space between each passage (as well as between paragraphs within any of those passages). It sounds as if you chose the Separate with Space option which places each verse on a separate line with space in between the lines.

Thanks David, I want just what you say I can't have. And no, I don't want Paragraph with a space, and the non-contiguous passages aren't separated. Heb 2.14-15, Rev 12.9 shows as Accordance.tiff

I'm afraid I'm a little confused. Your screenshot is showing the text displayed as separate verses without any additional space between them. In that view, the non-contiguous passages will not be separated. I only promised they would be separated if you chose the Paragraphs with Space option. Choose that option, and the passages will be separated. If you don't like that option, Accordance cannot currently do what you want.

Hope this helps.

I'm afraid I'm a little confused. Your screenshot is showing the text displayed as separate verses without any additional space between them. In that view, the non-contiguous passages will not be separated. I only promised they would be separated if you chose the Paragraphs with Space option. Choose that option, and the passages will be separated. If you don't like that option, Accordance cannot currently do what you want.

Hope this helps.

Thank you David. I will wait in hope for this to be added as a feature, as it seems Mike does too.

Cheers, James

Thank you David. I will wait in hope for this to be added as a feature, as it seems Mike does too.

Me too!

Archived