Accordance 8 on iBook

Ingo Sorke

A friend just gave me his old iBook (10.4.11, 800 Mhz, PowerPC G3, 256 MB, with 13 GB of HD space left).

I know very little about Macs but plan to get a Macbook Pro and Accordance later, after Snow Leopard proves reliable.

System Prefs says that it's a Sony CD-RW drive, and "Reads DVD" says: Yes.

- How much Accordancing (new verb!) could I do with that iBook to "tie me over"?

The Accordance website System Reqs seems to suggest I'd be ok with it.

Thanks for any input,

Ingo

Lots and lots and lots!

You should be fine.

I run Accordance 8 on my ibook g4 1.2 ghz without any problems. Works great!

A friend just gave me his old iBook (10.4.11, 800 Mhz, PowerPC G3, 256 MB, with 13 GB of HD space left).

I know very little about Macs but plan to get a Macbook Pro and Accordance later, after Snow Leopard proves reliable.

System Prefs says that it's a Sony CD-RW drive, and "Reads DVD" says: Yes.

- How much Accordancing (new verb!) could I do with that iBook to "tie me over"?

The Accordance website System Reqs seems to suggest I'd be ok with it.

Thanks for any input,

Ingo

I "inherited" a PowerBook G3 400Mhz, and still use it every so often - Accordance 8 runs perfect on it.

Thanks - you just made my life harder . . . 'cause now I need to assemble an Accordance order.

I teach Greek, dabble into Hebrew a lot, have the HCSB as my primary translation, compare mostly to NKJV, ESV, NET, need German (mainly Einheits, Elberfelder, Zurcher, and Luther) and French. Also need Photos, Atlas, and any graphics modules for teaching/ministry purposes.

Fun homework! Poor wallet.

Ingo

I "inherited" a PowerBook G3 400Mhz, and still use it every so often

Just remember, Rick, that PowerBook G3 is on loan. I eventually want my Pismo back! ;)

Just remember, Rick, that PowerBook G3 is on loan. I eventually want my Pismo back! ;)

I was wondering if you would catch that! :)

Archived