Note Info Not displaying...

Robert N

I am reading through the General Tool "Study of the KJV" and have not been able to see the numbered notes when I place the cursor over them (the cursor turns into a magnifying glass) or click on them. Nothing shows up in the ID or anywhere else. Am I doing something wrong?

Here is the specific reference... General Tools - Study of the KJV - paragraph 39 reads.... 1 What Is the Bible?, p. 45.

Robert

I agree that some of these apparent footnote references are not working. I think that the tool needs to be reworked.

Hi Helen... I think I know what is happening... the footnote numbers are in the paragraph bodies of the text and when I place the cursor over them they display the note that is below the paragraph. I was expecting more detail in the way of the notes, but I am guessing there isn't anymore. I was placing the cursor over the footnote itself and getting a blank ID. Perhaps the numbers on the actual notes shouldn't be underlined and blue in color as that is what I keyed off of to think there should be more ID info on the actual footnote. I hope that explains adequately what happened. I wish I had understood this before troubling you with it. I am sorry.

Robert

Robert, this may help to clarify. A Blue underline means its a hyperlink and will do something when clicked. Many of our hyperlinks also display information in the ID box, but that isn't specifically what they mean. In your example, the 1 in the paragraph will jump to the footnote when clicked, or display the footnote in the ID box. The 1 in the footnote itself is a link back to the paragraph from which it came, so potentially help find it better in context. As far as the content of the footnotes, we can only provide what is in the tool itself! :)

Archived