first question

matthewdick23

hi folks

first post- starting my PhD at Queen's in Belfast in Jan. Have been using Acc for a while. Have two issues

1- how do you have two different bible verses in one window? is it possible, for eg, to look up gen 1 and rev 15 in the same workspace without having to make a new workspace or new tab?

2- my accordance has started to close down when I open it- never happened before. I can stop this from happening if I turn my wifi off before opening the programme. Then once it's opened, I turn the wifi on- any real solution to this?

thanks

Matthew

Not sure exactly what you are after but you could either create a workspace with two zones. Each zone can have the same or a different translation in it. These are independent of each other (unless you tie them). I have attached a screenshot (it's version 10 but the same applies to 9)

post-30494-0-60964900-1354358007_thumb.png

You can create a zone easily by first creating a tab then dragging that tab to the edge of the workspace and it will show you a rectangle where it will create the new zone.

The other option is to type the verses you want to view in the search bar separated by a semi-colon. That will search and display only those verses in that one pane. In this case they are not shown side by side but one after the other.

post-30494-0-97447600-1354358435_thumb.png

There is a setting in network that might be out of kilter. Have a look here. https://mikhailt.clarify-it.com/d/off_proxy_discovery Uncheck both auto proxy discovery and auto proxy configuration if they are checked. They only mention one of the two but they are in the same place one above the other. If either is checked, it could well be your problem. Hope that helps you!

H Matthew,

welcome to the forums! Steve and arcanemuse have given you some good suggestions.

I have another. Open the two pericopes you wish to view in 2 tabs. Then just drag the second tab to a new zone within the same workspace. Obvously the texts aren't linked but I think it gives you what you're after.

Here's what it looks like in Acc 10

post-29509-0-78142500-1354361132_thumb.jpg

Plus, re the sudden quitting issue, what version of 9 are you using? make sure you are on the latest (9.6.6) from the website.

P.S. The drag to a new zone definitely works in v9. Just tested it. Just grab the tab and drag it to where you want it. Accordance will make a "shadow sone" sort of thing to show you where it is going.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense or you want a step by step image tutorial.

post-29509-0-89304800-1354361394_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ken Simpson

thanks everyone!

great to know about the texts!

re the proxies- nothing was checked. it's 9.5 though, so I'll update and see

thanks again

We're very happy to help. Glad all works.

Upgrade to 10...you won't regret it.

+1 to what Ken said. I was not an Accordance user till 10, but have used Accordance 9 in my school's library a bit. From what I can tell, 10 is a big step forward.