trouble with simple construct with version 9.4

Jonna Schmidt

Hi: I just upgraded to version 9.4 and am using OS Lion. I was trying to do a simple construct search that yields those words that are repeated 3 times, such as Holy, Holy, Holy -- and Woe, Woe, Woe

So, I went to make my words AGREE -- but the dialogue box will not let me pick between AGREE by WORD vs KEY -- and so I can not do the construct.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jonna

Ouch, you've found a bug! We've been trying to improve the technology behind the checkboxes, but it seems to have broken this dialog. We'll get this fixed ASAP. In the meantime, just hit OK to dismiss the dialog and type 'Word' in directly into the AGREE bubble. This is the construct you should end up with for your search, then:

Ouch, you've found a bug! We've been trying to improve the technology behind the checkboxes, but it seems to have broken this dialog. We'll get this fixed ASAP. In the meantime, just hit OK to dismiss the dialog and type 'Word' in directly into the AGREE bubble. This is the construct you should end up with for your search, then:

Hi: I tried what you suggested -- and even tried on my office Mac (which had not yet upgraded to Accordance 9.4). No matter what I do, I keep getting about 1700 hits, not #5 hits

Can you post a screenshot of your construct and its search tab? Also, are you sure that the AGREE and WITHIN bubbles are exactly as they are in my picture, in terms of where they are connecting?

Screen Capture.pdf

Can you post a screenshot of your construct and its search tab? Also, are you sure that the AGREE and WITHIN bubbles are exactly as they are in my picture, in terms of where they are connecting?

Hopefully my screen capture posts this time

Screen Capture.pdf

Hopefully my screen capture posts this time

Hey Jonna,

If you define the "Within" criterion to "1" word (i.e., Three of the same words within 1 occurrence of each other), then you should get the same results as Joel. I say "should" because it depends on your translation. Joel is running his search against the HCSB, and it seems that, according to your pdf, that you are running your search against the NASB, which I think only has four occurrences that meet the criteria.

Hey Jonna,

If you define the "Within" criterion to "1" word (i.e., Three of the same words within 1 occurrence of each other), then you should get the same results as Joel. I say "should" because it depends on your translation. Joel is running his search against the HCSB, and it seems that, according to your pdf, that you are running your search against the NASB, which I think only has four occurrences that meet the criteria.

THANKS! Worked like a champ!!

The NASB gets #4 HITS, but the KJV get #5 hits just like the HCSB.

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif You're very welcome.

Archived