Theological Journal Library 16 Organization

Tony Lawrence

I just purchased the upgrade from TJL-11 to TJL-16. After downloading I noticed that I had two Bibliotheca Sacras in my Library. One was the newer (BibSac-2012) and contained all the volumes from the older BibSac plus the new volumes. May I kindly suggest that it would be good to have the new one replace the older one since such results in duplication (and thereby increased disk space), or at least reply to this message making a list of which may be deleted so as to avoid duplication.

It seems that some modules were updated to include the additional volumes while others were made into separate modules. I am sure there was some philosophy behind this but perhaps my dense head cannot see it. Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

• Like 1

This is a complex issue, as you see. All the new and updated modules will have a file name of the Journal abbreviation and the last year included. This will enable us to offer paid updates in the future since we cannot just update with new content for no charge. Older modules were all named TJL-name. Not all will be replaced in the new set since some ceased publication and we already had the complete set. Their names will not change. Others have been expanded, and as you receive them in Easy Install you can delete the older TJL-name version from your Library.

Do you know any list of all the article in all the journal of TJL, so that I dont need to search one by one on iOS?

I was looking for some article on the EBLA tablets, and on iOS I should search on each single Journal file, one by one.

Thanks Helen, I know there is not a search all on iOS.

Nevertheless, I wonder how to work efficiently on my iOS with the huge number of journals and issues.

ie. I'm curious if there is any article about Joseph (gen 37-50) and a comparative study with Joseph in the Koran.

Now, my ideas on iOS:

• cycle through all articles on gen 37-50, on all journals (each module gives undreds of results)
  • search by range and keywords, e.g. [range gen 37-50] <and> (koran, sura, muslim, islam, ...)
  • search by simple keywords combinations e.g. (joseph <and> islam) <or> yusuf

On the PC/MAC sw, I don't know how to search all by scriptures AND topic/keywords.

Can you suggest how to do this kind of research?

• 1 month later...

Others have been expanded, and as you receive them in Easy Install you can delete the older TJL-name version from your Library.

If I might make a suggestion, how about either automatically deleting the previous superseded version as part of either the install process or via a menu command.

Failing that, which would require additional programming an easier method might be to publish a list with each release. Something like this:

Please delete the following items:

TJL-BibSac
TJL-Christian Apol
TJL-Conservative
TJL-Conspectus
TJL-Global
TJL-JBMW
TJL-JETS
TJL-JMAT
TJL-Reformed Baptist
TJL-Southern Baptist
TJL-Trinity
TJL-Westminster
As far as I can tell these are the ones duplicated thus far.
Thanks,
Wayne

• 3 months later...

Good point, now that the 1-16 set is complete, please delete:

TJL-Bible & Spade
TJL-BibSac
TJL-Chafer
TJL-Christian Apol
TJL-Conservative
TJL-Conspectus
TJL-Detroit
TJL-Emmaus
TJL-Faith & Mission
TJL-GES
TJL-Global
TJL-JBMW
TJL-JETS
TJL-JMAT
TJL-Reformed Baptist
TJL-Review & Exp
TJL-Southern Baptist
TJL-Trinity
TJL-Westminster

We will list them on the TJL upgrades pages.
Edited by Helen Brown
added TJL-Detroit

Easy install wants to put them back. :)

If you have the TJL 1-16 the modules listed above should no longer show us for Easy Install. We are looking into the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Easy Install is still trying to trick me into downloading this volumes! :)

post-29901-0-02377600-1426658167_thumb.png

Those are still current modules that you should download. From the previous 11-volume set, there were 7 modules that received no additional updates with the release of the 16-volume set. The 7 volumes you show as "missing items" are those 7. So those are current modules within the new 16-volume set.

• Like 1

Those are still current modules that you should download. From the previous 11-volume set, there were 7 modules that received no additional updates with the release of the 16-volume set. The 7 volumes you show as "missing items" are those 7. So those are current modules within the new 16-volume set.

Oops! Thanks!